• Develop and execute the corporate strategy including fundraising, product, marketing, sales and customer success and ensure alignment with management, customers and partners •...more Manage all products and pricing including vetting ROI, benefits, risks and impacts to the organization, customers and partners • Drive best practices for the sales, product management and customer success teams and ensure continued compliance
Vice President, Corporate Development
2015 (about 1 month)
• Assessed opportunities that strengthen a product line, add value across products or extend platform into new areas. • Developed and executed Merger & Acquisition...more strategy. • Developed and managed software and implementation pricing. • Managed intellectual property including trademarks. • Completed due diligence for financial system acquisition in 2013 and CRM acquisition in 2014. • Executed partnership agreements with Surescripts, DrFirst, Emdeon and Briggs.
• Developed and executed product strategy and roadmap based on regulations, competitive analysis, market research and feedback from customers, prospects and advisors. •...more Managed regulatory compliance programs including regular assessment of federal and state regulations. • Developed and managed implementation best practices, content, adoption and outcomes supporting value proposition. • Developed and executed marketing strategy and plan for building brand awareness and generating leads.
Director, Product Development
2003 - 2005 (about 2 years)
• Conducted market research, developed market requirements and launched the company’s first Long-Term Care Electronic Prescribing System. • Provided leadership to Development,...more Support Services, Implementation, Marketing and Sales teams to ensure that their functional programs were aligned with product goals. • Supervised the implementation of the initial install at our first beta facility. • Conducted continued analysis of the long-term care market to inform ongoing product enhancements.
• Launched the company’s first Electronic Prescription Management System on time and under budget. • Managed project team (specification writers, analysts, developers,...more and QA engineers) responsible for entire development cycle of managed care and electronic prescription products. • Developed and managed project plan including deliverables, budget, and resource allocation. • Shepherded execution of company’s first Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) contract.
Product Manager/Quality Assurance Team Lead
2000 - 2001 (about 1 year)
• Managed development and testing of the Managed Care application in conjunction with Engineering, QA, and Implementation teams. • Troubleshooted, coded, and tested XML...more transactions between payer systems and application. • Developed and documented payer specifications for eligibility, referrals, pre-authorizations, and provider directory functionality. • Supervised Service Center responsible for Help Desk operations, physician enrollment, and data feed processing for payers and pilot sites.
Associate Director, Information Technology
1999 - 2000 (about 1 year)
• Developed RFP’s and initial specifications and launched the company’s Event Management System and new Corporate Website ($1 million budget). • Launched the Corporate...more Intranet for concert calendars, production schedules and publicity. • Managed hardware projects such as selecting, planning and supervising installation of new end-user and network hardware. • Assisted the Director with budgeting, staffing, and management of daily departmental operations.
• Instrumental in building the company from one to over 200 customers using its Medical Practice Management System. • Managed all phases of Quality Assurance and testing. •...more Developed and launched EDI Engine that dramatically decreased time to deploy new payers/clearinghouses. • Managed Client Services and Implementation departments including budgeting and staffing. • Implemented Conversion Tools for converting data from legacy systems that allowed company to implement new sites quickly.
• Managed daily operations of desktop and systems support divisions with 15 support technicians and six systems administrators. • Provided consulting on hardware, software,...more and networking for the Health Sciences campus. • Developed staff policies and documentation. • Managed integration of online curriculum into academic computer labs. • Supervised development and launch of departmental website.
Project Manager, Cardinal Topics in Medicine Online Textbook
1990 - 1992 (about 2 years)
• Managed development of the university’s first Electronic Textbook of Clinical Medicine that included over 150 physician contributors and launched system throughout the Health...more Sciences campus. • Designed and implemented Administrative Database for managing manuscripts and developed Coding System and tools for loading manuscripts into hypertext indexing database. • Developed and monitored project budget and presented status reports to Editorial Board.
I have over 20 years of experience in delivering products for healthcare providers and building successful healthcare technology startups. I believe now is the time for me to apply my skills to the consumer side of the market because consumer engagement is necessary for industry transformation.
• At SigmaCare, instrumental in building the company from the ground up including the Brand and the Product resulting in a company starting with one customer to now over 700 facilities across 43 states.
• At HealthRamp, developed the market requirements and launched the company’s first Electronic Prescribing and Electronic Health Records System that eventually became the SigmaCare product.
• At Navinet, launched company’s first Electronic Prescription Management System and shepherded execution of company’s first Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) contract.
• At Probity, instrumental in building the company from one to over 200 customers using its Medical Practice Management System and developed tools to manage payor rules and streamline installs.
• At Columbia University, launched the university’s first Electronic Textbook of Clinical Medicine throughout the Health Sciences campus with contributions from over 150 physicians.