Who you are:
You're an entrepreneurial designer with ambitions beyond just pixels. Being one of the first team members at a startup excites you. You'll help define high-level product vision (what features map to our goals?) to low-level execution (what should this button say?) to impact every part of the user's experience.
You’re a customer-focused researcher: you're driven to understanding the customer's problems and desired outcomes. You’re able to quickly and creatively prototype solutions to challenging problems across the entire business.
You’re process oriented and excited about building design into Resource’s DNA. You’ll own and pioneer design across the company, from product to research to process to office design to all else you’re inclined to throw your magic at.
A taste of what you'll do (you'll largely design your own role):
- Interview customers of Resource and of other products to deeply understand, document and communicate their problems and desired progress
- Synthesize meaning from both qualitative and quantitative data from users, sales, marketing and internal analytics to identify and prioritize customer needs
- Help build the product roadmap and lead product execution
- Conceptualize and design innovative product features
- Create divergent sketches, wireframes, that address complex problems in simple ways
- Improve shipped features by revisiting usability, adoption and frequency of use
- Relentlessly prioritize your time to focus on high leverage tasks
- Help create a culture of innovation by going beyond your expected activities and prototyping new ideas that help further our mission
- That's just the beginning :-)
What you bring to the table:
- Passion for moving the recruiting industry forward
- Outstanding problem solving skills and an outside-of-the-box imagination
- Strong UX game, great taste for visual design and passion for solving complex problems
- Exceptional communication skills -- you convey complex ideas simply and persuasively
- Ability to combine data and imagination to guide design decisions
If this sounds too challenging or crazy, we're definitely not for you. But if it piques your interest, we'd love to talk.
We’re not big on resumes -- send us a few work samples (portfolio or screen designs of a product you've worked on) along with a note on what drives you, and why you’re excited about Resource.
We’re a small, passionate team taking up arms against the overwhelming pile of crap that is the recruiting industry today. We believe the recruiting process should be enlightening, fun and human -- not a transaction.
We’re challenging the status quo through smarter software driven by data and a deep care for the candidate experience.
To help us rethink the industry, we're looking for mission-driven minds to help tackle challenges in design, engineering, product and growth -- while helping craft a masterful brand, go-to-market strategy, and the soon-to-be face of a entirely new market category.
Passionate about raising the standard in recruiting? We'd love to chat.