If you're passionate about entertainers and athletes, and feel at home building something in eSports for MVP purposes, then we want to talk to you. We're looking for a strong engineer to join us throughout this early growth stage. We value culture over anything else.
# About Repable
The esports space is booming, and we're in the middle of it, working with some of the largest teams in the world to help them create better rosters, and work more efficiently with their sponsors. Also, we're funded by some of the largest VCs in the world, and others that are the largest in Canada.
We build SaaS apps, and you'll be leading the development of one of our offerings. You'll have a complete static mockup along with front end assets, including a UI/UX team to help you make changes on the fly. This means we don't need you to worry about design & UI/UX. You'll have a very experienced DevOps team to help you with deployment. You'll also work with a product manager who can help you translate mockup into functioning code.
You'll build a tool that interfaces with some of the world's largest social networks. You'll be consuming many social APIs (including our own!), and use the resulting content to make the lives of esports teams better.
Our team is remote and experienced. We need you to be OK with the first attribute, and come loaded with the second. We love to play PC games during (solo) and outside of (group) working hours. Finally, you will not be micro managed. If you need that level of management, you're not the right fit.
* Build and maintain a SaaS product used by the largest esports teams in the world.
* Work with product management team to refine the product spec, and translate those specs into actual code.
* Work with the UI/UX lead to translate static mockup into working front end code.
* Implement custom analytics to help you understand how user cohorts are using the product you've developed, and then optimize for user experience accordingly.
* 2+ years of experience working in tech startups. 3+ years of experience as a developer. The roller coaster is something you're comfortable with.
* Able to build a SaaS app from the ground up with minimal supervision using a modern web framework (Django, Express, etc.)
* Hands-on experience in web services (REST, OAuth etc.), API Development, and gateways/proxies.
* Intermediate knowledge and experience with MySQL
* Strong knowledge of client-side JS frameworks (Vue.js, React) and front-end tooling (Webpack, Gulp)
# Additional Information
* Work with people who have done this before, including world class VCs.
* A competitive startup salary
* Stock options - a part of this company can be yours
Repable is an analytics platform that gives brands and agencies real-time insights on the esports (competitive gaming) and live streaming space. We track the players, teams, tournaments and games that make up this ecosystem, providing data and algorithmic recommendations to help everyone involved make better decisions.