Remix is on a mission to improve the way cities are shaped, working with more than 300 local governments worldwide to rethink the way they plan and envision their city. Design is a core part of the way we work - two of our cofounders are designers (Sam and Tiffany), and we're a Designer Fund company.
Urban infrastructure impacts everything from economic mobility to CO2 emissions, and our platform empowers local governments with data and tools to transform their transit and reshape streets to better serve their community; this is particularly meaningful to us since the zip code you're born into is one of the strongest predictors of lifetime upward mobility.
About this role
As a Product Designer at Remix, you will drive the product experience from inception through execution. You will take a key role in leading our Core Experience, partnering closely with product managers, engineers, success, and our early access customers to ensure that Remix amazes and delights all of our users. You will establish a strong design framework across a suite of products that bring value to city planners around the world.
You’d be a good fit if
* You’ve shipped well-designed products from start to finish
* You have experience in building systems and bringing consistency across products
* You're deeply empathetic for users and advocate for their needs in product decisions
* You love taking complex information and making it super simple to understand
* You are deeply collaborative and act as a bridge between users and engineers
What you’ll do
* Lead and own the Remix core product experience and framework
* Develop new experiences that serve all of our customers
* Research, prototype, test, and evaluate design solutions
* Collaborate daily with product, engineering, and design
* Meet with and listen to customers to best serve their needs
Backed by YC and Sequoia Capital, Remix is scaling in order to serve the growing needs of cities around the world to understand and improve themselves.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Remix is the first platform that brings together the entire transportation picture — public transit, streets, and the abundance of new mobility options like scooters and bikes. With so many private modes coming to streets near you (and soon AVs), it’s a critical time to ensure your community’s values are reflected in your city’s policies. Remix empowers cities to play a central role in their transportation future — helping planners explore new concepts, make informed decisions with data, and rally people around their vision — so that ultimately cities are safe, accessible and equitable for everyone.