We're looking for an entrepreneurial Head of Engineering to join ReferralCandy, a fast growing venture-backed SaaS startup based in Singapore.
As our Head of Engineering, you will be managing and mentoring our team of agile software engineers who are responsible for building software to delight our users. You'll be working on challenging problems in a results-focused work environment for a global product and an emerging brand. With millions of consumers involved in our referral programs, your work will have a significant impact from day one.
Our engineering team adopts Github flow, pull requests for code review and guided stand-ups with sprint boards. We share what we've learned in weekly code review sessions, sprint retrospectives and 1-on-1 sessions. We also play hard during our weekly Friday team events.
Here's how we manage the company: http://anafore.press/management
If you’re entrepreneurial, results-oriented and have a strong desire to compete & win, come talk to us!
* Working collaboratively with product owners and UX to internalize business needs and drive priorities
* Keeping your team happy and productive, and helping them manage their careers
*Recruiting and onboarding exceptional engineering talent to build a world-class team
What you'll need to have:
* Experience managing software engineers
* Experience using agile and scrum effectively
* Strong algorithms, data structures, and programming background.
* Solid understanding of web infrastructure, testing and quality assurance.
* Excellent communication & people skills
You'll be a perfect fit if you have:
* A hunger to mentor and coach engineers to help them achieve their full potential
* Experience with Amazon Web Services and distributed systems.
* Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and associated components - databases, caches, queues, load balancers, application servers, etc.
ReferralCandy helps ecommerce stores increase sales by getting shoppers to refer their friends. Our SaaS app accelerates word-of-mouth referrals for online stores around the world.
We're combining our expertise in word-of-mouth marketing with emerging technologies to create a new form of advertising based on trust. Imagine if you were shopping for new headphones and you could easily, instantly and automatically know what your friends would recommend!
Did we also mention that Forbes magazine thinks we’re “exceptionally intelligent”? (They probably meant to say “exceptionally geeky.”) Our work has also gotten shout outs from places like the New York Times, HubSpot, and Adweek.
We enjoy good coffee, poker, whiskey, and constantly finding a better way to do things. On the rare occasion that diplomacy fails, we settle disputes with foam swords.