I prefer to operate in Django (DRF and Wagtail included), I can generally solve any web or app problem with this well established and stable framework. I also work in vanilla Python and other frameworks as needed. Flexibility, composed personality, and dedication to the craft is my pitch.Describe what you have done, what you are doing, and the kinds of things you are interested in.
* 16y Professional experience in full stack and backend (current emphasis).
* 11y Python
* 6y Django (Django Rest Framework and Wagtail)
* 10y PHP (I am retired)
* Sr Developer (also CTO/VP-E and ditch digger 😊)
* Love HTML/CSS but skipping React in preference of Elixir.
* Teacher and mentor for craft
* 3y+ in NYC Silicon Alley working for start ups and international (ad) agency
* Too many skills to list, like ASIO/web sockets, PG/MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo, DDB, etc), SOAP/WSDL, big data/data team experience, and so on...
* Queue fanboi, especially Rabbit but also SQS, REDIS, SWF, and others.
* AWS handy (de-ops and infra is a separate career path, I can hold my own but I am a developer at the ned of the day)
* Run several successful apps (Django):
* https://interslack.com/ : (alpha) Scrapes YouTube to send video subscription to Slack via webhooks (early support for Discord)
* https://www.multivendor.io/ : Etsy for Shopify, back end for https://templatesforfashion.com/
* LET'S TALK!
Long term position with a company or people passionate about the software craft. Able to adapt quickly I seek to operate in domains where I can have positive impact. I contract and take short term roles while looking for the many-year stay where I like to commit myself to the mission fully.Describe what you're looking for in a company.