• Responsible for building the Mining and Metals practice in the GTA, working on an entrepreneurial team of three • Recent work examples:• Involved directly in the assessment...more of a large gold mine in Mexico to ensure leading practices are being utilized, including integrated planning & control, mine & mill productivity, maintenance and supply chain, SG&A and other support services. • Responsible for the execution of EY’s new internal IT platform pilot and reconciling input errors country-wide
• Oversaw internal & external communications during a challenging market, a company downsizing, crisis at international operations, and the sale of an asset. • Responsible...more for company representation at conferences worldwide • Developed and delivered a global media strategy training course company-wide • Managed Special Projects • Managed external relationships (investors, bankers, analysts, etc.) • Responsible for financial analysis, targeted marketing campaigns, and implementing a CRM system.
• Worked under the direction of three analysts predominantly focused in the metals and mining industry. • Responsible for the morning Bulletin sent out to FM distribution...more lists (company-based research), tracking companies, financial modelling, data analysis and reporting on 40+ companies under coverage, and networking with clients, while managing time and priorities in a very fast paced environment. • Took companies under coverage marketing to prospective and existing investors.
• Developed and implemented sales territory plan and strategies to build and manage high-level relationships with prospective and existing licensee clients across the GTA....more Secured, at the time, largest corporate account. • Responsible for brand management, brand marketing, brand event management, and accountable for budget
• Conducted detailed financial modeling, market analysis and research for all portfolio managers. • Identified and presented investment opportunities to the CIO and the...more funds’ PMs. • Wrote sector and company-based research circulated to an audience of 17,000 people in the weekly Investor Alert. Provided content to monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to directors and shareholders. • Attended conferences worldwide while building & maintaining professional relationships with senior executives.
Intern, The Economic Development Network
2009 - 2011 (almost 2 years)
Supported the 2009-2010 Chairman of the Economic Development Network, YPO
Responsibilities included conceptual and brand growth of the network (grew the network 70%),...more the organization of EDN trips with accountability for profit and loss, marketing initiatives and implementation, and liaising between the Chairman and members; orchestrated a trip to Kenya and Rwanda, meeting with President Kagame and his ministers and successfully aligned the EDN with a number of Rwanda’s political initiatives.
EA to the Office of the CEO
2009 - 2011 (almost 2 years)
• Main roles aligned with CEO’s KPIs: assisted new CEO changeover, streamlined CEO’s responsibilities, provided partnerships and relationship management support, assisted...more the Latin America expansion, and provided Adopt an Entrepreneur program support. • Led and distributed e-marketing newsletters, provided website maintenance and content, participated in conferences representing the organization, and prepared and authored presentations for the CEO.
I ran a 56km ultra marathon in Cape Town, without much training and raised $7000 personally while doing so. I put myself through university debt-free by juggling multiple jobs. Ive traveled extensively, sat down with President Kagame to discuss the country's challenges, gone to Jordan Belfort's sale and entrepreneurship classes, and been kicked by a zebra. I've blogged for a wine estate, slept at a minesite in Burkina Faso, and started a Tshirt company in university that brought together the school's athletes and students. I'm bilingual in French and English and hold a Chartered Investment Manager designation. I'm looking forward to all the adventures, challenges and successes that await me in the entrepreneurial world.
I'm looking for excitement. I'm looking for challenge and to be stretched. I'm looking to work with people who I can learn from and grow with. I'm looking to contribute my dynamic experience somewhere where my work is valued, while growing a company that has a meaningful impact on people's lives.