SENIOR PROGRAMMER (Potential for an Executive Role)
PROXIMITY HCI | Enabling Off-screen HCI for Smartwatches + Smartphones.
Montreal, QC, CA
Engineering, Software development, Experienced, Full-time
01 - About Proximity HCI
a) Who we are
ProximityHCI is a TandemLaunch venture currently in incubation with patent-pending technologies and a $600k secured seed financing round. Our mission is to implement new possibilities for Off-Screen Human-Computer Interactions in the market of personal electronic devices. We offer the market of connected-wearable a state of the art Software Development Kit for developers and manufacturers.
b) What we do
The ProximityHCI Development Tool Kit enables over 30 pre-defined off-screen interactions. The software-only technology is based on skin/air borne vibrations, electromagnetic properties of skin and environmental acoustic properties to allow users to interact with personal electronic devices in a natural and simple way.
Product in 40 Sec: https://vimeo.com/196340540
c) Core values
• Embrace and Drive Change
• Positive team spirit
• Do More with Less
02 – Job Position Description
a) Position Purpose
Join the founding team at an early stage to create, deliver and support our development tool kit. The Senior Software Developer is responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of our tool kit in an innovative and dynamic technology environment. Working together with our CTO and Product Manager, the goal is to develop world class HCI products that achieve overall business success. The Senior Software Developer will work closely with the Solution Architect to design the product based on the latest iteration of our specs documentation. This position could lead to a potential executive role.
b) Candidate profile
• Ability to translate high-level requirements in technical plans
• Take the initiative and demonstrate a strong desire to lead others in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
• Must be able to work autonomously, and to complete projects under strict deadlines
• Thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, start-up environment
• Self-motivated individual with excellent work ethics and a “can-do” attitude
• Must be a team player, ideally a natural leader
• Communication skills in both English (required) and French (an asset)
c) Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead collaboration and communication with programmers, designers and CTO
• Create the necessary documentation for developers who use the ProximityHCI SDK
• Implement new features and improve existing ones to create tools for breathtaking HCI experiences
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the solution
• Identify and correct bottlenecks, and fix bugs
• Take data-driven decisions about the future of the SDK
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Diagnose technical issues and guide the team towards an optimal solution
d) Qualifications for Consideration
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical/scientific discipline
• 7+ years of experience in software or systems development
• Deep knowledge of C/C++
• Working knowledge of Python, OpenCL, Java and Android NDK are strong assets
• Understanding of machine learning is major plus
• Familiarity with building development tool kits an asset
• Ability to develop backend services that scale to meet competitiveness and performance requirements
• Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices
03 – Additional information
a) You get
• Competitive compensation package (scaled to experience and contribution)
• Employee Stock options Plan
• Health benefits
b) Apply now
Join our team, share our passion! Send your resume along with a cover letter. Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
APPLY BY EMAIL: email@example.com
APPLY VIA AN ONLINE FORM: https://proximityhci.breezy.hr/p/a1d39aa11417
Thank you for your interest in ProximityHCI.
Our solution is a software development tool kit (SDK) for wearable developers and manufacturers looking to enable new possibilities and functions on and around the device. The ProximityHCI SDK enables the conversion of over 32 pre-de ned Off-Screen interactions. The technology is based on skin/air borne vibrations, electromagnetic and environmental acoustic properties to allow users to interact with electronic devices on and around the device in a natural and simple way.