Want to write a new chapter of the Beauty industry with us? At Prose, we empower hair stylists to create fresh and personalized hair care for their clients. A true co-creation where client needs, stylist expertise, and the highest quality ingredients come together to create a very personal haircare, freshly made in NYC.
Our investors have also backed companies like Glossier, Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, Bonobos, Harry's, Casper, and Allbirds. We expect only "dream job" applicants, we are growing fast and we need your help!
YOUR ROLE AT PROSE
- Understand the overarching Prose branding system and ensure that the digital experience feels connected to all customer touch points (Web, App, social media, retail)
- Lead the design effort - from concept to completion - of new product features, continuously evolving Prose’s digital experience across touch points.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer problems to create ingenious but practical solutions
- Conducting usability testing, developing personas and usage scenarios, to identify problems and opportunities to improve the product experience
- Pushing brand expression in the digital medium through visual design and UX.
- Collaborating with engineers to communicate pixel-perfect mocks and make sure they are executed flawlessly.
- Continuously evolving and setting the bar for digital design at Prose, pulling in best practices and modeling a consistent curiosity for inspiration from outside the company.
- Collaborating with marketing and other team members– proactively spotting opportunities to elevate user experience and grow the business. Facilitating cross-functional inputs into the design process, and being a credible advocate of great UX/UI.
THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS THAT YOU'RE BRINGING TO THE TEAM...
- 3+ years working in an in-house digital product team and/ or digital design agency
- Demonstrated experience leading an end-to-end design process, from user research to prototyping to implementation and iteration
- Skillset in both visual interaction design as well as structural UX and digital product architecture
- Experience with both web and native mobile design (iPad)
- Experience coding (HTML5, CSS3, iOS) and the technical limitations influencing design and/or working closely with developers to prototype in code. Familiarity with Sketch preferred.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Start-up and e-commerce experience is desired
- Experience incorporating data in your work.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Interest in the beauty/fashion industry and startups is a plus
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a well-funded, early founding team that's working on a truly unique product with a massive market opportunity.
Here is what we offer to all our employees:
- Competitive salary + equity
- rockstar health insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- At least 1 week working remotely from Paris, and visiting our Lab
- Free products
Prose is the first personalized hair care brand, freshly made in NYC, and powered by hair stylists. A true co-creation where client needs, stylist expertise, and the highest quality ingredients come together to create a very personal haircare, delivered to your door within 5 business days.