Prose is the first personalized hair care brand, freshly made to order in NYC. A true co-creation where client needs and the highest quality ingredients come together to create a very personal haircare, delivered to your door within 5 business days. Our investors backed successfull companies like Glossier, Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, Bonobos, Harry's, Casper, and Allbirds.
YOUR ROLE AT PROSE
- Understand the overarching Prose branding system and ensure that the digital experience feels connected to all customer touch points (Web, App, social media, retail)
- Lead the design effort - from concept to completion - of new product features, continuously evolving Prose’s digital experience across touch points.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer problems to create ingenious but practical solutions
- Conducting usability testing, developing personas and usage scenarios, to identify problems and opportunities to improve the product experience
- Pushing brand expression in the digital medium through visual design and UX.
- Collaborating with engineers to communicate pixel-perfect mocks and make sure they are executed flawlessly.
- Continuously evolving and setting the bar for digital design at Prose, pulling in best practices and modeling a consistent curiosity for inspiration from outside the company.
- Collaborating with marketing and other team members– proactively spotting opportunities to elevate user experience and grow the business. Facilitating cross-functional inputs into the design process, and being a credible advocate of great UX/UI.
THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS THAT YOU'RE BRINGING TO THE TEAM...
- 3+ years working in an in-house digital product team and/ or digital design agency
- Demonstrated experience leading an end-to-end design process, from user research to prototyping to implementation and iteration
- Skillset in both visual interaction design as well as structural UX and digital product architecture
- Experience with both web and native mobile design (iPad)
- Experience coding (HTML5, CSS3, iOS) and the technical limitations influencing design and/or working closely with developers to prototype in code. Familiarity with Sketch preferred.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Start-up and e-commerce experience is desired
- Experience incorporating data in your work.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Interest in the beauty/fashion industry and startups is a plus
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a well-funded, early founding team that's working on a truly unique product with a massive market opportunity.
Here is what we offer to all our employees:
- Competitive salary + equity
- rockstar health insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- At least 1 week working remotely from Paris, and visiting our Lab
- Free products
Prose is the first personalized hair care brand, freshly made in NYC, and powered by hair stylists. A true co-creation where client needs, stylist expertise, and the highest quality ingredients come together to create a very personal haircare, delivered to your door within 5 business days.