Software Engineer, Node.js, Docker, Websockets · I co-created an open-source, in-browser REPL (Read-Eval-Print-Loop) that enables real-time… · More collaboration between users using Node.js, WebSockets, and Docker. In a team of three, I:
- Engineered state synchronization in the front-end REPL terminal and resolve conflicts through the use of CRDT and eventual consistency techniques
- Reduced network latency by at least 10% from removing the need to buffer outputs through server-side caching
- Strengthened security of application through container isolation techniques to prevent user-entered malicious code from affecting the host system
- Built a reverse proxy server from scratch using Node.js to scale with multiple users sessions
- Built a reverse proxy server from scratch to manage multiple user sessions and forward requests to containers.
- Engineered the back-end and front-end to deliver a terminal-like REPL experience to the users.
- Optimized network latency by removing the need to buffer outputs.