YouPick is a new free app that helps friends and families agree on a place to eat. Available for download in the Apple App Store™ and Android Google Play Store™, YouPick is the best way for a group to reach a decision about where to… · More eat. Our hope is to help friends and families avoid the awful waste of time involved in trying to decide where to go eat. We imagine a mom, who has three kids and a husband, and can send them all an invitation. They all pick where they want to go, and YouPick takes care of the rest.
Deciding where to go out to eat with a family or a group of friends can be a daunting task. Everyone secretly knows where he or she would like to go, but no one wants to voice an opinion. Or sometimes, everyone in the group names a favorite, but then there is no way to choose among the options.
YouPick features two great ways to help any group pick a place to eat. A user begins the decision process by selecting group members (i.e. friends and/or family) and inviting them all to name a place to eat. Wherever they are, all guests can then privately name their preferences. Depending on the selection method set up by the host, the group will then immediately receive a random result or conduct a secret vote. The host can also set the time for the meal.
How does it work?
1) The host sends an invitation to his or her selected group members inviting them all name a place to eat using one of two selection methods. Either Random Pick (each restaurant that received a vote has a random chance of winning) or Secret Vote (the spot with the most votes wins).
2) Using the host’s location, YouPick will search for restaurants within a 25 mile radius and show those that are the best rated and nearby. This is the list from which the group will choose. Both automations can be manually overridden as well, i.e. guests can choose a location other than their current location, and they can also search for and choose restaurants not automatically shown by YouPick. After all, we all have our objectively terrible little dives that we still love unconditionally.
3) Host selects friends and family to invite. YouPick 2.0 allows the host to auto-invite people through his or her phone contacts. If an invitation goes unopened after 30 minutes, then YouPick moves ahead using the options that have been selected by guests who responded.
4) Each invitee and the host select a place they would like to eat at from the auto or manually populated list.
5) YouPick chooses a winner based on the selection method.
6) Attendees are notified of the winning restaurant through push notifications.
The cost for all this time-saving and argument-avoiding awesomeness, you ask?
Three easy payments of free, billed every other lunar eclipse. (That's our clever, but not really, way of saying that the app is totally free.)
So what's new for YouPick 2.0?
-A new UI and Parse.net features
-A new native ad model for restaurants and food chains to be able to engage users as they are picking a place to go eat