Demand changes constantly. prix is a self-driving price to keep your revenues on track. Its solution is delivered through APIs and intuitive dashboards.
We're a startup. For us this means the shared freedom to work how we want, on something we’re passionate about, with people we like.
We’re a tech & science company. For us this means an insistence on building stuff that works, overcomes engineering challenges and solves non-trivial scientific questions.
We do the right thing by our team. Which means that we have flexible hours, remote working, transparent & fair compensation (salary & options), health-plan, hardware budget. And just generally that we respect each other and have fun.
8 people in the team right now. 5 of whom PhDs.
Everyone in the company is involved in:
- Defining company strategy & product roadmap
- Participate in our inclusive agile-culture - plan, sprint, fix etc.
- Pitch in on whatever needs doing
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
- Work with our research team and help translate their algorithms to production-ready code;
- Develop a computation engine that drives our algorithms at scale on a cluster;
- Develop a REST API used by integrators and a web front-end;
- Work with third parties (mostly in the hospitality and fitness industries) to integrate them into our platform;
- Help support our production environment (monitoring, bug fixing, ...)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking for people with experience with Python and the scientific python stack (numpy, scipy and pandas)
- Working knowledge or interest in statistics, applied maths, etc...
- Experience working with scientists and translating research code into production, e..g experience working as a quant developer or a research lab programmer.
Numpy, scipy, pandas, Flask, sqlalchemy, rq and Docker
Only 10% of the world’s 190,000 hotels use revenue management software. Revenue management decision support adds 5-10% to the revenues of this £400 billion industry. The total addressable market for software decision support for mid-size hotel revenue managers is £500 million.
Prix uses technology developed in finance and engineering to understand hotel bookings at a deeper level and understand combinatorial complexity. This makes it possible to reduce reliance on historical patterns and make better decisions. We differentiate by being a tech-led company in hospitality (most competitors are the inverse).