Predata is building cutting-edge machine learning models to quantify geopolitical risk. Fortune 500 companies and government agencies use Predata to anticipate events and make better decisions.
We come from the worlds of technology, political science, and finance, and share a commitment to building the future of enterprise software for predictive analytics. We celebrate people who take responsibility for solving problems and developing new ideas. We optimize for communication and collaboration rather than hierarchy. We believe in the importance of narrative-driven insight, and always try to see the human elements behind our data.
As a member of our engineering team, you will be designing and building state-of-the-art interfaces for predictive thinking. Our challenge is to transform abstract data into insight and narrative. We’re passionate about simplicity, interpretability, and performance in the face of large volumes of data.
Past projects have included:
- Modular dashboards with draggable, resizable blocks.
- Reusable data visualization components, such as signal charts and heatmaps.
- Tools for backtesting signal performance.
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, eager to learn, and have a strong attention to detail. You’re excited to see your contributions help scale a young, high-growth technology company.
The following describes you well:
- You have 3+ years of industry experience building front-end web applications.
- You strive to understand the needs of users. You believe in the importance of empathic design.
- … As well as in the backend JS ecosystem, including Node.js, npm/yarn, and gulp.
- You understand the fundamentals of HTTPS. You can write and work with RESTful APIs.
- You know your way around Unix-like systems, and you’re at home in the shell.
- You’re an autodidact and a self-starter.
- You work well on small teams.
For bonus points:
- You’ve worked on Django applications before. You know your way around the ORM.
- You have a graphic design portfolio. You’re familiar with design tools like Sketch.
- You’ve implemented data visualizations in D3.
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Work from home days
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Gym membership subsidy
- Trendy SoHo office
- Dog-friendly workplace
Predata transforms digital conversation and web traffic data into risk signals, market indicators, and event predictions.