Pointcloud is developing a high performance, low cost 3D imaging platform designed from the ground up for depth perception. We are a multidisciplinary team comprising SW, HW, high speed data processing and optoelectronics engineers tackling a problem with impact on a wide range of applications from augmented reality to all flavors of robotics and autonomous mobility.
At Pointcloud we develop technologies enabling machines to see the world in 3 dimensions. If it sounds like an exciting challenge, we would like to hear from you.
As Circuit Design Lead/Director you will be leading one of the 4 key pillars of our multidisciplinary team. You will define the next generation high throughput data processing architectures needed for 3D imaging, set the performance bar for the circuit design team, help develop the culture of the team and the company. On a daily basis, you will have the opportunity to play a multi faceted role covering both management aspects as well as hands on implementation: lead the architecture definition of our optical engine chip, iterate on the initial implementations, build a best in class high speed circuit design team from the ground up, mentor the more junior hires, collaborate with the SW, underlying integration technology and application/system leads.
• Architect in collaboration with our photonics engineers our mixed signal optoelectronic SoC, guide our module level data processing architecture including optimal on chip vs off chip split and architectural solutions for each
• Design, implement, and simulate the functionality and performance of our mixed signal SoC chips containing analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), and other various low power high resolution and speed analog circuits;
• Craft layout floor plans to optimize the overall performance; supervise the layout activities and give concise guidelines to layout engineers, need to be hands on in drawing layout if necessary;
• Develop the analog testing plans and work with product and test engineers to characterize the functionality and performance of the products to ensure the quality;
• Create team’s design methodologies and release flows.
• Identify, hire and mentor junior circuit designers
• Proficient with essential CAD tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre, etc.
• Prior experience in high speed mixed signal circuit design, with emphasis on high sampling rate ADCs (multichannel >1GS/s per channel), imaging readouts, TIAs, multi GHz frequency synthesizers, DACs, modulator drivers
• Understanding of CMOS analog / mixed signal design methodologies and circuit analysis;
• Understanding of device physics and the impact of layout effects;
• Able to perform the behavioral modeling the blocks and circuits with Verilog-A or Verilog-AMS
• Familiarity with Silicon Photonics and silicon based electronics/optics on chip integration is desirable
• Collaborative in a multi disciplinary startup environment, ability to work both with local and remote team members
• Capable of coaching and mentoring new or junior circuit designers and layout engineers;
• Independent, analytical thinker, comfortable in a frontier technology environment,
• Top tier M.S. program in E.E. with 12+ years’ experience, preferably top tier Ph.D. in E.E. with 8+ years’ experience
What we offer
• Opportunity to shape the development of a frontier technology with wide market impact from robotics and autonomous mobility to augmented reality
• Competitive salary and equity
• Health benefits
Pointcloud is developing an imaging platform designed from the ground up for depth perception, including a purpose built 3D imaging system on a chip.
The high level of integration enables a new class of performance at low cost, combined with the unmatched reliability that comes from an all solid state approach.
In addition to unrivaled cost, performance and reliability, the platform is highly versatile being able to address equally well the needs of short range, high accuracy applications such as augmented reality, object recognition and industrial robotics, as well as the long/medium range requirements of autonomous mobility.