Pointcloud is developing a high performance, low cost 3D imaging platform designed from the ground up for depth perception. We are a multidisciplinary team comprising SW, HW, high speed data processing and optoelectronics engineers tackling a problem with impact on a wide range of applications from augmented reality to all flavors of robotics and autonomous mobility.
At Pointcloud we develop technologies that enable machines to see the world in 3 dimensions. If it sounds like an exciting challenge, we would like to hear from you.
As Senior RF/Mixed Signal System Engineer you will be working with our Mixed Signal Circuit Design Lead, Photonics engineers and SW/Signal Processing Lead to define the next generation high throughput data processing architectures needed for 3D imaging, both at the chip level as well as at the module level, iterate on the initial implementations, mentor the more junior hires, collaborate with the SW, underlying integration technology and application/system leads.
• Design, implement, and simulate the system level functionality and performance of our high speed data processing architecture, including hands on board design or coordination of contract board design
• Prototype FPGA based signal processing solutions and collaborate with the Circuit Design team to transition to ASIC based integration
• Develop the system level testing plans and work with product and test engineers to characterize the functionality and performance of the systems to ensure quality;
• Contribute together with our photonics engineers and chip circuit designers to the module level data processing architecture definition including recommending optimal choices regarding chip level integration of signal processing blocks, assist the Mixed Signal Circuit Design Lead/Director on defining the architecture of our mixed signal optoelectronic SoC, as well as Tx and Rx electrical SoCs
• Contribute to creation of team’s design methodologies and release flows.
• Identify, hire and mentor junior engineers
• Experience with wideband board level hardware design, strong digital and analog signal processing knowledge
• Proficient with FPGA and DSP programming
• Proficient with complex RF lab testing techniques and equipment, necessary to validate designs, including spectrum analyzers, VNAs, waveform generators and so on
• Collaborative in a multi disciplinary startup environment, ability to work both with local and remote team members
• Capable of coaching and mentoring new or junior engineers;
• Independent, analytical thinker, comfortable in a frontier technology environment,
• Top tier M.S. program in E.E. with 6+ years’ experience, preferably top tier Ph.D. in E.E. with 2+ years’ experience
What we offer
• Opportunity to shape the development of a frontier technology with wide market impact from robotics and autonomous mobility to augmented reality
• Competitive salary and equity
• Health benefits
Pointcloud is developing an imaging platform designed from the ground up for depth perception, including a purpose built 3D imaging system on a chip.
The high level of integration enables a new class of performance at low cost, combined with the unmatched reliability that comes from an all solid state approach.
In addition to unrivaled cost, performance and reliability, the platform is highly versatile being able to address equally well the needs of short range, high accuracy applications such as augmented reality, object recognition and industrial robotics, as well as the long/medium range requirements of autonomous mobility.