As a full-stack developer with the Student Academic Support Center (SASP) of the CUNY's John Jay College, I help improve student outcomes and college retention by providing...more software solutions that help reveal the signal within the noise. My recent work has focused on parsing data collected from 2100+ incoming students with Python/Pandas, designing and building a database in Microsoft SQL Server, adding features to existing PHP/Laravel web applications used by faculty and peer mentors.
• Developed web applications and tools focused on generative 2D and 3D graphics and data visualizations. • Pair programmed with current and former employees of Twitter...more and Google. • Documented my work in presentations for Recurse Center participants and faculty and in technical blog posts and tutorials on my Medium blog, published by Hacker Noon and freeCodeCamp, with over 13,000 views.
Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellow
2017 - 2018 (9 months)
• Developed open-source software, in collaboration with South Indian classical musicians, for representing non-Eurocentric musical structures through a responsive graphic...more interface controlled by a real-time pitch tracking algorithm (Processing, Max/MSP, Open Sound Control (OSC)) • Created an interactive audio-video installation for the Bangalore Maker Faire using computer-vision in Processing and OpenCV-Python to control audio synthesis through persistent tracking of physical tokens
• Assisted in teaching and lecturing undergraduate courses on computer art • Planned and executed digital/analog sound installations (approx. 1/week) at the request of...more faculty (e.g. Steve Reich's Pendulum Music) using a variety of audio hardware and software
Software and Technology Instructor
2014 - 2015 (about 1 year)
• Developed and taught a technology curriculum—including Python programming, Minecraft Pi (Minecraft API on Raspbian for Raspberry Pi), wearable tech, etc.—to 150 middle school...more students (grades 4-8) every semester
• One of 40 U.S. college seniors competitively funded to conduct a year-long research project overseas. • Studied with computer artists in seven countries, documenting...more how “outsider” arts collectives draw on open-source technology to respond to their social and ecological environments during times of instability and upheaval
• Worked with New York City startups to build web interactions and animations, including for biomedical corporate sites • Developed projects (see portfolio) with React.js,...more Node.js, Express, and PostgreSQL and freelanced, in collaboration with with Grubhub UX/UI designer Aaron Cecchini-Butler, on mobile-first front ends.
A Twitter bot that tweets public disclosure data about Trump
Node.js, PostgreSQL, Heroku · @Sunlight_Bot is a Twitter bot that tweets public financial disclosure data on Trump administration appointees and… · More staffers sourced from ProPublica's Trump Town dataset. The bot is intended to be a resource to increase the accessibility of data about members of the federal government.
Sunlight Bot features the name and public data of one federal government staffer approximately every six hours. The following data is tweeted, depending on its availability within the dataset:
- name - position title(s) - agency - salary - LinkedIn URL - Resume URL - financial disclosure form URL - ethics waiver URL
React.Js, Html5 / Css3, Web Audio Api · A Chrome extension providing real-time data about the satellites in a radius directly overhead. The Eyes Above… · More app also includes an experimental audio sonification of this data (built with Web Audio API and Tone.js) using FM (frequency modulation) synthesis and LFOs (low frequency oscillators) to provide an acoustic corollary to the data in real time.
D3.js data visualisation of ProPublica’s Trump Town dataset
Numpy, D3.js, Python · Following Donald J. Trump's inauguration as the 45th President of the United States in January 2017, the new… · More administration's political appointments made news for several reasons. Many positions were initially left unfilled and those that were filled drew heavily from Trump's own organizations and a small number of conservative organizations and policy think tanks, such as the Heritage Foundation.
Procedural texture and topologies with fractals in Three.js.
What I Do
My passion is for building dynamic frontend interfaces and interaction with React, D3, ES6, and SASS / SCSS, but I'm also experienced in building RESTful APIs with Node / Express, Python / Flask, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB on the backend.