With PlayVS, students can play video games as a sport for a state championship. Come help us as we bring esports to 20K high schools for the first time ever nationwide.
We’re looking for a Community Manager who will coordinate between our players, services and product teams, and partners to ensure success. You will work with our team to scale the student community to ensure high engagement, satisfaction, and success rates for our Leagues. You will help organize in-person and online events, spearhead experiments to boost activity in our community and lead studies to learn about our player’s needs and experience, and strategize about how to best facilitate our players helping one another. If you are solution-driven, people-focused, and looking for an opportunity to make an impact, we are looking for you.
Learn more about PlayVS here:
• Be a strong advocate for PlayVS Players and the company vision.
• Develop and manage all aspects of community relationships with students and course mentors and serve as main point of contact.
• Engage community of students in online community platforms and in online and in-person events that will benefit their learning.
• Strategize about how to grow communities to meet students needs, in accordance with a deep understanding of their backgrounds, goals and experience.
• Communicate project developments and draft strategic recommendations on a regular basis.
• Work with learning experts to leverage the community in creating solutions that address student/school challenges.
• Collaborate with product and learning experts to iterate on our student experience to improve engagement and progress.
• Execute projects and deliver results within scope, time and budget, and react quickly to changing student needs.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of a programs logistics and content.
• 2-3 years of experience in Community, ideally related to Sports/Education tech, traditional education, or professional training.
• Stellar writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work efficiently, independently, and in collaboration with other teams.
• Flexibility in using or learning to use different methods for tracking and conveying information, such as Slack, Notion, forums, chat programs and email marketing software.
• Experience with live streams and in person events.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to show clear engagement data for community channels.
• A strong team player who enjoys collaborating, asking for help when necessary, and getting things done without an ego.
PlayVS is building the infrastructure for high school esports and have the exclusive rights to introduce video games as a sport in 20K high schools nationwide. So for the first time ever, students can play esports for a state championship like other sports and be recognized by their state association.