With PlayVS, students can play video games as a sport for a state championship. Come help us as we bring esports to 20K high schools for the first time ever nationwide.
We’re looking for a Head of Community that loves the esports community. The Head of Community owns the PlayVS relationship with its current and future players and schools. Functional areas of focus include influencer management, experiential marketing and channel strategy. Key outcomes: authentic communications, vibrant channel experiences, strong net promoters and player retention.
Learn more about PlayVS here:
• Be an evangelist for esports and video games in general. Develop a deep understanding of our games.
• Own of our channel (social, web, etc) content and strategy; including what platforms to be on, why and how to be there in an industry defining way
• Own relationships with students, teachers, top community content creators, cosplayers, evangelist and contributors. Do our players feel a personal relationship with us? Would they recommend playing our league? You get to make this happen
• Design programs of engagement for our players and schools, come up with creative new ways to keep our league top of mind.
• Develop a strong set of relationship with schools participating in our league across the nation and build systems which reward loyalty and deeper engagement with our experiences in a way that feels exactly like what a fans and players desire.
• Responsible for team development as needed and the management of third party relationships. This role is an active participant in the conversation about how future games and features.
• Provide crucial, data driven sentiment analysis as well as qualitative forecasts for esports being made and play a key role in determining community building features in our esports.
• Work with internal teams and third parties to create compelling content that brings players together around their shared passion for our games and enables them to become powerful evangelists to their networks.
• Bachelor Degree is preferred or equivalent work experience.
• 3-7 years building online communities, preferably in the games space.
• 1-3 years leading cross-functional teams in deadline sensitive environments.
• Familiarity and passion for the esports space.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Outstanding tactical execution paired with long term strategic thinking
• Passion for esports, video gaming, and high school sports.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Deep network in the Twitch or Youtube community.
• Experience in editorial and/or video content creation.
• Experience in project management.
PlayVS is building the infrastructure for high school esports and have the exclusive rights to introduce video games as a sport in 20K high schools nationwide. So for the first time ever, students can play esports for a state championship like other sports and be recognized by their state association.