With PlayVS, students can play video games as a sport for a state championship. Come help us as we bring esports to 20K high schools for the first time ever nationwide.
We’re looking for a VP of Marketing who will be lead all aspects of marketing strategy and execution, using digital channels to acquire new learners and activate existing learners. As a multi-sided platform, we require someone who can understand and message to multiple audiences in an ecosystem of players, schools, and college recruiters. This candidate should have a track-record of driving significant revenue impact and the capacity to attract, build and lead a multi-functional team of top-level, high-performing marketing leaders. The VP of Marketing will report to, and work closely with, the Chief Executive Officer while working effectively with the entire team.
Learn more about PlayVS here:
• Develop and own PlayVS’s marketing strategy and execution across key channels including website, email, SEO, affiliate marketing, mobile apps, co-marketing, PR, web & mobile advertising, social and events to drive revenues, learner growth, enterprise sales, and university partner engagement.
• Lead the strategic direction of PlayVS’s brand promise, visual identity, narrative, positioning, naming, pricing and competitive differentiation in order to support our long-term business strategy.
• Define and merchandize the value of our offerings -- from courses to degrees -- making clear how particular content, competencies, and credentials can be the key to advancing particular careers.
Harness the power of PR and earned media and reinforce PlayVS’s thought leadership.
• Ensure effective rollout of new products across the platform. Package and position ideas and products in ways that uniquely appeal to consumers.
• Work effectively, transparently and in a partner-like fashion with the CEO and • PlayVS’s management team, particularly Product and Content, ensuring buy-in to key decisions, agreement on strategic direction, and alignment of cross-functional resources and activities.
• 7+ years of marketing in a consumer internet business, bringing experience building strong brands for companies with best-in-class digital experiences for large global audiences.
• 7+ years of data-driven marketing with strong success implementing consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing campaigns with clear business objectives and targets.
• Track record building and leading a high-performing, cross-functional team of at least 15 people across branding, PR, digital, analytics, acquisition, and retention.
• Proven ability to drive results by consistently seizing opportunities to push the envelope to drive outsize performance in key metrics.
• Expertise generating, prioritizing, testing, and delivering on ideas that could drive 10 percent growth as well as 10x growth
PlayVS is building the infrastructure for high school esports and have the exclusive rights to introduce video games as a sport in 20K high schools nationwide. So for the first time ever, students can play esports for a state championship like other sports and be recognized by their state association.