With PlayVS, students can play video games as a sport for a state championship. Come help us as we bring esports to 20K high schools for the first time ever nationwide.
We're looking for a QA Tester to make a direct impact to chart our transformative platform in a fast paced and collaborative environment. In this role you'll work with the product & engineering teams to build test frameworks; writing automation scripts from scratch, and testing client-side APIs. You'll have an opportunity to play a key role in growing our product and scaling our platform.
Utilizing your expertise, you will be the testing expert—using your thoroughly-honed QA methodologies to help drive testing across both the QA organization and the PlayVS product team as a whole. You will coordinate with your engineer counterparts to overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and release.
Learn more about PlayVS here:
• Design manual tests to confirm that the front end build is achieving the desired results and is ready for release.
• Manual front end testing on Mac's, PC's and mobile devices to ensure compatibility with websites, apps, and other digital projects.
• Collaborate with Designers, Front-End Developers and Producers to test the design and implementation of the application experience
• Work with Backend Developers to test features and efficiencies
• Find every defect...and then more.
• Test compatibility over every browser, device and possible delivery system.
• Participate in design and code reviews when needed.
• Identify and communicate best practices.
• Occasionally test scalability through load and stress testing.
• Strong Communication Skills.
• Front end manual website testing experience.
• Working knowledge HTML, CSS, and related web technologies.
• Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
• Design and UX sensibilities.
• A natural curiosity for new technology and creative expression.
• Nice to haves — testing on mobile devices, and or a good understanding knowledge of mobile OS and browsers.
• Preference for local candidates for this onsite position located in West Los Angeles.
PlayVS is building the infrastructure for high school esports and have the exclusive rights to introduce video games as a sport in 20K high schools nationwide. So for the first time ever, students can play esports for a state championship like other sports and be recognized by their state association.