Plate IQ's mission to transform how restaurants operate with beautiful modern tools and insightful data. At Plate IQ, you would join a diverse team dedicated to bringing the tools and analytics, only available to large chains until now, to every restaurant in the country.
Plate IQ is helping restaurants transform their operations with beautiful modern tools and data. We are a small and diverse team with a good mix of engineers and team members with restaurant experience. We help hundreds of small to medium sized restaurants from michelin 3 stars and regional chains to mom and pop operations. Some of the problems we are trying to solve now are "Why can't restaurants just search for the best priced chicken instead of calling up a dozen suppliers?", "Can there be a searchable archive of all the data restaurants generate ?", "How can we perfectly digitize millions of invoices"
We are not tied to Angular so if you have a strong background in other frameworks and would like to migrate our code to React/Ember etc, we are open to that. Taking ownership of the product frontend and leading the way is the most important trait we are looking for.
In a typical week you would..
- Discuss, plan, and build new features onto our Angular codebase
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and other stake holders in defining the user experience
- Triage and fix bugs, often working directly with our existing users
- Manage code reviews through pull requests to make sure we're moving fast while also maintaining quality codebases
- Help migrate our AngularJS codebase to Angular [N] <-- insert latest version here.
- We consider the following things to be critical to your success..
- You think critically about your work and ask questions in order to improve the product, not only in its technical implementation but also in how well it’s serving the needs of our users
- You have built products and UI using modern web technologies and can point to your prior work
- You have strong communication skills and are able to explain complex technical topics to the entire team in a clear and concise way
- You love front-end technologies but also eager and able to dig into other areas of the product as needed
- When things inevitably break—you eagerly jump in to diagnose and fix the core issues
Experience working in an early stage startup is a huge plus.
Plate IQ is changing how $702B hospitality industry operates. We leverage OCR, machine learning, and real-time analytics to automate the back-office & provide pricing transparency to increase profits in what has notoriously been a low-margin industry. With Plate IQ, restaurants pay invoices, track inventory and understand their spend. We can tell in real time, how much a restaurant is spending on a specific item or better yet how much they should charge to make a profit on a dish when prices of ingredient goes up.
We are process over $2BB of restaurant purchases a year, tracking prices for over 1MM different products from over 30K suppliers. We have meaningful revenues and have doubled our customers in the last 4 months.