Pioneer Fund is a seed-stage venture fund that combines the experience and networks of over 180 Y Combinator alumni. As YC alumni, we are exposed to a large number of startups (pre-YC, YC, non-YC) and have a diverse set of founder expertise to draw upon in making investment decisions.
Deal Flow Advantage:
- Gain curated access to top YC (and non-YC) companies.
- Via the collective network of over 180 YC alumni, we diligence and gain access to top companies in the current YC batch, and syndicate deals for companies that are interested.
- Advantage to the founder: Access to our expansive network and collective experience.
Notable co-investors have included: Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, Founders Fund, Khosla and more.
- Lambda School (Education – higher education for the masses): https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/lambda-school
- Snackpass (Food – order takeout and skip the line): https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/snackpass
- Shogun (SaaS – drag and drop builder for eCommerce): https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/shogun
Risk: As always with any startup investment, you should be prepared for a worst case scenario of a complete loss of investment.
We invest in about 15 YC companies each batch. For select portfolio companies that choose to participate (anticipated 2-4 per batch to start), we will syndicate here.