PhoneWagon is the top-rated call tracking software for digital marketing agencies. We help our customers optimize ad spend by tracking which marketing campaigns are generating phone leads. We're located in the heart of New York City and we're on a journey to build a massive, profitable company.
Come join one of NYC's fastest growing startup as the lead developer.
Message from CEO about this role: https://vimeo.com/264509453
As the first technical hire to be part of our team in New York City (remote also ok), this role will allow you to take ownership of a product and work closely with our current engineering team and/or build your own team underneath you. You will be working alongside our CEO and product team. This is an opportunity to partner with proven entrepreneurs and help build and grow a venture backed startup!
In this role you will be pivotal to helping design and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. You will also be crucial to our product advancement as we add new features and expand the product offering. As well as coding daily, you will help design and develop infrastructure to improve resiliency, security, and data availability.
- Work with the engineering and product teams to turn product requirements into software requirements and architecture
- Ship high quality software on predictable schedules during product cycles you help develop
- Work closely with developers to debug application issues by evaluating application logs, stack traces, and system metrics.
- Design, implement and maintain our secure, scalable, and available infrastructure
- Identify, triage, and solve production issues
- Maintain 100% uptime
- Maintain integration and sandbox environments that remain near approximation of production
- Work with our product team to help determine the weekly sprint plans for the engineering team
- Oversee work of engineering team to ensure quality.
- Collaborate with product and business team to build a world-class product while sticking to a product roadmap
- Contribute to developing the product roadmap
- Help refine and improve the product QA cycle
- Build processes and systems to help us scale
- Suggest and implement architecture and process improvements
- Create redundancy and automatic failure recovery throughout the infrastructure
- Consult with other engineers (current team or build your own) on infrastructure best practices
- Take ownership of infrastructure-related projects
- Collaborate with developers to solve system related problems
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience in software engineering and/or release engineering
- Must have high standards for product quality
- Strong code/scripting skills (.Net) preferred
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Versed in internet architectures including web, application, and database components such as SQL
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines unsupervised
- Strong communication skills and works well with a team
- Experience in designing, implementing and scaling technical architectures and systems desired
- B2b SaaS experience is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment a plus
PhoneWagon is beautiful call tracking software and call analytics software for businesses and the marketing agencies that serve them. PhoneWagon’s customers are able to spend their marketing dollars much more effectively while increasing close rates for the leads that marketing generates.
PhoneWagon allows any business to easily generate and configure unique local or toll-free phone numbers and place those on each of their different marketing campaigns. Businesses can see which marketing campaigns are generating phone calls, which ones are not, and allocate their marketing spend accordingly.
PhoneWagon also has powerful customer communication tools that further enable businesses to communicate, engage and close leads generated from marketing. PhoneWagon allows businesses to create custom workflows based on telephone triggers to dramatically increasing close rates.