Engineering analysis execution, technical report writing, two out of country secondments to Aberdeen, Scotland & Leiden, Netherlands. Responsible for Riser Engineering...more Design & Analysis using Finite Element Software
Four-month work and travel, J1 Visa in New York City
Major Equipment International
Drawing Office Assistant
2007 (4 months)
Design of portable workstations for fabricators and welders. Responsible for design and fabrication of large steel storage facility, Road Tanker Dust Suppression System Re-Design....more Automatic Gate for factory entrance.
Working in the drawing office on several projects. Daily use of 2D & 3D CAD program (Inventor, Mechanical Desktop) for modelling of machinery and components. Duties included...more preparation and checking of drawings and working with welders, fabricators, engineers and R&D team on farm machinery Design & Fabrication.
Rapt Capital Partners
Partner & COO
2019 - Present (10 months)
Rapt Capital Partners (RCP) is a global independent deal sponsor and national mergers & acquisitions advisory firm with venture partners in New York, Miami, London &...more Paris.
We specialize in the valuation, deal structuring, and acquisition of small businesses with revenues of $10 MM up to $30 MM on both the buy and sell-side of the market in the transportation & logistics, wholesale & distribution, manufacturing/industrials, tech/engineering, healthcare and oil & energy industry sectors.
Product Owner, Architect · I sought internal R&D funding to develop this tool internally at Wood Group. I built a multi-disciplined team from… · More offices in Paris, Brisbane, Aberdeen, London and Houston. I learned about the challenges in deploying an app within the IT department. I learned that timely communication and patience is key to smoothly getting people to "buy in" on the project.
B2B private SaaS application using ML and Data Visualisation
Product Owner, Architect, Html5, Css3, Php5, Java Script, Json, Xml, My Sql, Python/Django, Keras: Deep Learning Library for Theano and TensorFlow. ·… · More Discontinued development due to lack of funding.
Subsea pipeline and power cable installation operations with shallow water and deepwater construction vessels are costly, risky and time sensitive. Operators and their Contractors would like to:
1. Enhance decision making and planning onboard so that engineers can aim for maximum vessel workability 2. Predict likely scenarios by utilising data from operations to avoid downtime 3. Reduce the risk of costly remedial works so that the offshore campaign is not delayed
PROLAY uses Machine Learning (data prediction) and data visualisation to aid decision making onboard. It is a web application accessed in any web browser. It's deployed onto a private secure server within your network. The application works with onboard vessel systems and data streaming devices to update the PROLAY dashboard.
Benefits 1. Truly real-time health assessments of subsea pipelines and power cables to maximise the operating weather window during installation 2. Prediction of product forces and stresses using historical data which helps operation optimisation, planning and decision making in advance 3. Ascertain loadings on stinger equipment to avoid costly, unplanned repairs
Lean startup approach, MVP, business development, prototyping, proof of concept, customer experience, interviews etc
Product Owner, Lead Engineer, Excel VBA · Software tool to screen and select the best riser and floater solution for an Oil Major. It made use of… · More several offshore engineering practices and calculations to ascertain the most suitable solutions for a deepwater development making use of best practices and experience.
I built this from scratch. I learned that building such a tool in Excel + VBA was a challenge and was not the ideal solution for the client. Even though the client wanted the tool in Excel.
What I Do
Multi-disciplined Entrepreneur & Chartered Mechanical Engineer with over ten years experience in engineering, project management (Agile and Scrum Methodology), business development, operations, software development, account management & sales.
- Co-developed Buy-side M&A startup in New York
- Founded a software services company in Paris, France with six figure revenues
- Built and led a team of engineers to perform engineering analysis for the installation of subsea pipelines and structures for the a $40 billion dollar project offshore Western Australia
- Developed and coded a Riser Concept Solution Benchmarking Tool an Oil Major
- Conceived and led the design, development and deployment of an enterprise mobile application for 40,000 employees
- Lead Project Engineer for over 30 engineering projects around the world
- Company representative attending Joint Industry Project meetings to develop industry standards and guidelines for subsea pipeline and electric cable installation operations
- Designed several storage structures to hold equipment and raw materials at a manufacturing plant; co-ordinated fabrication with Fabricators and CEO