Paysense is a venture backed, digital lending startup working out of Mumbai, India. We are an amazing team of highly diverse, like minded people solving the fundamental problem of not having simple, convenient and transparent access to credit in India today. We stand for making all things finance more simple, accessible and transparent.
What do we look for?
You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive changes with agility. You're in the driving seat steering us toward our vision to making our customer's financial life better. You understand the subtlety of individual ownership while working with a team.
Paysense is Nexus and Jungle funded start-up focussed on improving the financial lives of the Indian consumer. In an exclusive partnership with India Infoline (IIFL ~$600 Mn net-worth), we are reinventing credit and access to it for the next billion Indian consumers.
Traditional banks and lending institutions in India are serving less than 5% of all credit requirements. Primary sources of data on consumer spend and credit behaviour either do not exist, or, are fundamentally broken. We took this as an opportunity to build out large scale credit system from scratch.
Our team comprises of engineers, data scientists and product leaders from Stanford, IIT and UCLA; we are looking for mission driven team mates who are ambitious, work hard, are super smart and yet humble. If this sounds like you, we’d love to have a chat.
About the job:
BI is a cross functional team that collaborates with Product, Engineering, Operations, and Marketing to drive decision-making at PaySense.
You will lead the Business Intelligence team, which is responsible for core business logic, KPIs, and the interfaces through which the rest of the company accesses data. As the gatekeeper of data, you’ll be enabling our rapidly growing company to make better decisions, and play a meaningful role in driving overall growth.
• Recruit, lead, and lead an elite team of business intelligence analysts and managers
• Work closely with functional teams across the company to understand their data needs and develop solutions that allow them to make data-informed decisions
• Drive the BI team to produce analyses and compelling data visualizations that directly impact the business
• Collaborate with engineering and product to incorporate business intelligence concerns into the product development process
• Set goals and drive the overall roadmap for the BI team
• 5+ years experience in business intelligence, analytics, or related area
• Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Engineering from Tier-1 institutes
• Strong understanding of statistical data analytics
• Strong understanding of database design and ETL processes.
• Expert at SQL and one or more data analysis languages (Python/R)
• Previous experience in building and leading business intelligence teams
We at PaySense making the process of getting a personal loan super easy. We believe that getting efficient access to cheap lending is still a fundamental way of how people improve their quality of life. In this age its easier to get a US visa than a loan from a bank - and this is the problem we're looking to solve. We use alternative sources of data from a user and give them a credit limit of upto Rs. 50,000 to make the purchases they want.