Paysense is a venture backed, digital lending startup working out of Mumbai, India. We are an amazing team of highly diverse, like minded people solving the fundamental problem of not having simple, convenient and transparent access to credit in India today. We stand for making all things finance more simple, accessible and transparent.
What do we look for?
You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive changes with agility. You're in the driving seat steering us toward our vision to making our customer's financial life better. You understand the subtlety of individual ownership while working with a team.
Paysense is Nexus and Jungle funded startup focussed on improving the financial lives of the indian consumer. In an exclusive partnership with India Infoline (IIFL ~$600 mn networth), we are reinventing credit and access to it for the next billion Indian consumers.
Traditional banks and lending institutions in India are serving less than 5% of all credit requirements. Primary sources of data on consumer spend and credit behaviour either do not exist, or, are fundamentally broken. We saw this as a challenging opportunity to build out large scale credit system from scratch. One year post our initial launch we lend around 7 Crores per month and are growing exponentially.
Our team comprises of engineers, data scientists and product enthusiasts from Stanford, IIT and UCLA; and we we looking for mission driven team mates who are ambitious, work hard, are super smart and yet humble. If this sounds like you, we’d love to have a chat!
About the job:
- You will work with data scientists to architect, code and deploy ML models
- You will solve problems of storing and analyzing large scale data in milliseconds - architect and develop data processing and warehouse systems
- You will code, drink, breathe and live python, sklearn and pandas. It’s good to have experience in these but not a necessity - as long as you’re super comfortable in a language of your choice.
- You will develop tools and products that provide analysts ready access to the data
- Strong CS fundamentals
- You have strong experience in working with production environments
- You write code that is clean, readable and tested
- Instead of doing it second time, you automate it
- You have worked with some of the commonly used databases and computing frameworks (Psql, S3, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, etc)
- It will be great if you have one of the following to share - a kaggle or a github profile
- You are an expert in one or more programming languages (Python preferred). Also good to have experience with python-based application development and data science libraries.
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of experience in tech and/or data.
- Degree in CS/Maths from Tier-1 institutes.
We at PaySense making the process of getting a personal loan super easy. We believe that getting efficient access to cheap lending is still a fundamental way of how people improve their quality of life. In this age its easier to get a US visa than a loan from a bank - and this is the problem we're looking to solve. We use alternative sources of data from a user and give them a credit limit of upto Rs. 50,000 to make the purchases they want.