Paysense is a venture backed, digital lending startup working out of Mumbai, India. We are an amazing team of highly diverse, like minded people solving the fundamental problem of not having simple, convenient and transparent access to credit in India today. We stand for making all things finance more simple, accessible and transparent.
What do we look for?
You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive changes with agility. You're in the driving seat steering us toward our vision to making our customer's financial life better. You understand the subtlety of individual ownership while working with a team.
Paysense is Nexus and Jungle funded startup focussed on improving the financial lives of the indian consumer. In an exclusive partnership with India Infoline (IIFL ~$600 mn networth), we are reinventing credit and access to it for the next billion Indian consumers.
Traditional banks and lending institutions in India are serving less than 5% of all credit requirements. Primary sources of data on consumer spend and credit behaviour either do not exist, or, are fundamentally broken. We saw this as a challenging opportunity to build out large scale credit system from scratch. One year post our initial launch we lend around 7 Crores per month and are growing exponentially.
Our team comprises of engineers, data scientists and product enthusiasts from Stanford, IIT and UCLA; and we we looking for mission driven team mates who are ambitious, work hard, are super smart and yet humble. If this sounds like you, we’d love to have a chat!
About the job:
- You will architect, code and deploy ML models (from scratch) to predict credit risk.
- You will design, run, and analyze A/B and multivariate tests to test hypotheses aimed at optimizing user experience and portfolio risk.
- You will perform data exploration and build statistical models on user behavior to discover opportunities for decreasing user defaults. And you must truly be excited about this part.
- You’ll use behavioral and social data to gain insights into how humans make financial choices
- You will spend a lot of time in building out predictive features from super sparse data sources.
- You’ll continually acquire new data sources to develop a rich dataset that characterizes risk.
- You will code, drink, breathe and live python, sklearn and pandas. It’s good to have experience in these but not a necessity - as long as you’re super comfortable in a language of your choice.
- You’ve strong computer science fundamentals
- You’ve strong understanding of ML algorithms
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of experience in using ML in industry environment
- You know how to run tests and understand their results from a statistical perspective
- You love freedom and hate being micromanaged. You own products end to end
- You have a strong desire to learn and use the latest machine learning algorithms
- It will be great if you have one of the following to share - a kaggle or a github profile
- Degree in statistics/quant/engineering from Tier-1 institutes.
We at PaySense making the process of getting a personal loan super easy. We believe that getting efficient access to cheap lending is still a fundamental way of how people improve their quality of life. In this age its easier to get a US visa than a loan from a bank - and this is the problem we're looking to solve. We use alternative sources of data from a user and give them a credit limit of upto Rs. 50,000 to make the purchases they want.