I moved to the US in 2017 to start Robomart, based on the challenges in on-demand delivery I faced first hand in my last startup. Robomart has built the world's first self-driving...more grocery store and will be rolling out in pilots soon.
I have known Ali since 2009 as a serial entrepreneur starting companies in online shopping, video sharing, private messaging, and autonomous driving food delivery. He holds US patents in these areas....moreDr. Hussein Al-Hussein
In 2015 I launched Dispatch, the first conversational commerce app in the UK which lets you get anything delivered in an hour just by sending an instant message. I took it...more to over £1 million in request value in its first year, with revenues growing at 18% per week, an average order size of £140, and a 40% repeat purchase rate.
I started Lutebox in 2011 with the vision to make online chat more natural, and built several patented products in messaging and video chat. Over six years Lutebox launched...more four apps, raised £2 million in funding and employed 38 people. Our flagship app was voted one of London’s top ten most loved apps by TheNextWeb.
I spent a short stint working on strategy and analytics for the fastest growing internet company in history according to Forbes, a year before its IPO. I provided senior management...more with strategic insights and learnt first hand how to scale a tech startup to millions of users.
I turned around Brooke Bond Supreme, the largest brand of tea in Pakistan with $50 million in annual sales, through a 360 degree marketing campaign and the launch of three...more new SKUs. These changes saw volume sales grow by 13% after two years of decline.
I constructed the generics business for GSK Pakistan through the planning and development of the 21 product portfolio and crafted market entry strategies after conducting...more a detailed industry audit. I was promoted to Assistant Manager within three months of joining.
• Voted one of the 'Top 100 Asian Stars in UK Tech' by KPMG & DiversityUK
• Endorsed by Tech City UK as an 'Exceptional Talent' in digital technology
• Invited to 10 Downing Street to receive award for the Startup Games
• Presented Robomart to the Crown Prince of Dubai, H.H. Sheikh Hamdan
• Presented Lutebox to the President of Portugal, H.E. Aníbal Cavaco Silva
• Mentor to startups on the Lisbon Challenge, Wayra and the National Incubation Center
• Awarded patent US 8,943,141 B2 for Social Networking System and Methods of Implementation
• Member of the Sandbox Network, a global community of young innovators and high achievers
• Accepted onto the cross-disciplinary HighWire PhD at Lancaster University