Millions of people want to make games, but 99% of people cannot code. GameSalad is a drag-and-drop tool enabling the masses to create sophisticated games for mobile and HTML5....more The tool has been used by a million developers and hundreds of millions of players.
● Hired & managed teams, grew to over 50 employees ● Lead architecture, engineering & product design ● Fundraised ~$20M from Disney Steamboat, DFJ & GreyCroft ● Grew to 1 million developers, reaching players in the hundreds of millions
Worked on Carbon / Cocoa interoperability and other top secret projects for Apple's next generation operating system Mac OS X. Carbon is the transitioning API for the OS used...more by Microsoft and Adobe. Cocoa is Apple's modern object-oriented framework for developing applications.
GameSalad is funded by Disney's Steamboat Ventures and develops a visual tool for game designers and consumers to make 2D animation and artificial intelligence with no programming required.
* Co-founded the company in 2007 and served first as CEO, Architect, and then Chief Product Officer; Fundraised from venture capital (VC) and managed communication/reporting between multiple business stakeholders
* Hired, mentored, lead, and collaborated with cross-functional teams, consisting of product, design, marketing, and engineering; Grew from 3 to 50 people
* Developed vision, business plans, business cases, product roadmap, presentations, business requirements based on customer needs & other data sources, user stories, wireframes, design style-guides, and customer-facing content
* Managed & evaluated external monetization partners, vendors, and alliances
* Scaled from zero to 1 million mobile app & game developers with a player base in the hundreds of millions