OweYaa is entirely built around passion. We feel, regardless of skill level or past experience if you have the passion and the persistence to chase your goal you will eventually hit it. Right now we a dispersed team, working from different corners of America and still managing to pull our product and vision together. We are looking to bring together a small team in NYC to continue to build cohesiveness and tap into the networks we have built OweYaa for. We have nothing but passion to build a great community where each user can depend on one another to help them complete their projects and obtain their goals. With that in mind, we want to assemble a team that can get behind that vision.
WHY INTERN AT OWEYAA?
You want to make a real difference in the world.
You want to learn about social entrepreneurship.
You love The Startup podcast and want to see how early-stage startups are run in NYC.
You want to one day startup but want to get real experience first.
You don’t want to sit at a cubical bored only to interact with business happenings by “getting coffee”
PLUS You’ll also get a great membership to the best civic space in NYC that gives you access to workshops, events and panels of the best leaders in media, policy, civic tech and government.
Creative Media and Content Intern
* Develop and launch engaging media marketing projects
* Create weekly content such as blogs, video pieces, contests, articles, etc
* Explore new ways to use media to engage audiences
* Participate and attend exciting civic space and startup events
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PERFECT FOR THOSE:
* Super creative and resourceful individuals with great writing skills.
* This internship currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in media, marketing & advertising, art director, design, film and/or English.
* Who desire to expand their portfolio with a variety of written content and media content.
* Available to work 20 hours per week during the internship and meet deadlines.
* Excited to work in the NYC startup community.
To Apply: Please email your resume, portfolio and cover letter to team [at] oweyaa.com. Subject Line: Intern (First Name, Last Name) Media and Content Intern
OweYaa is a project-based virtual internship platform for the military community. We aim to help companies grow fast with untapped military talent. OweYaa aims to address the hurdles veterans face when they leave the military which results in long periods of unemployment rather than rewarding careers. Two of those significant hurdles are due to lack of civilian job experience and lack of connections in the business world. With OweYaa's virtual internships-- active duty service members, veterans and military spouses can connect with employers and build marketable resumes with civilian job experience. Our algorithm matches long term business goals to veteran career goals. OweYaa helps companies to focus on their core business needs and allows them to vet prospective employee hires.
OweYaa’s stands out as one of the few social enterprises in the country tackling military transition into the civilian job market and adding veterans to the tech diversity equation.