We are searching for a full-time control systems engineer to research and implement motion planning systems for high-performance planning on industrial robots. The ideal candidate would have a graduate degree in robotics or a related field and extensive experience implementing and optimizing motion planning systems in both simulated and real-world robotics systems. Strong programming and verbal communication skills are essential.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with simulated and physical robotic control systems
- Direct experience in nonlinear and linear optimal control techniques including LQE/LQG or other robust control techniques
- Experience with numerical optimization techniques such as, nonlinear constrained optimization, and experience with dynamic programming
- Extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art software packages for motion planning, collision detection, and simulation of robotic systems.
- Extensive knowledge of core principles in kinematics, dynamics, and control theory
- Experience comprehending and implementing novel complex algorithms efficiently
- Fluency in Python and strong software engineering skills
- Familiarity with C++, multi-threaded programming, and high-performance optimization
- Experience working collaboratively in a shared software implementation setting
- 2+ years working on motion planning systems deployed in a production setting
- 1+ years experience with industrial robots and associated low-level control software
- Knowledge of machine learning and computer vision techniques as they relate to 3D world modeling, state estimation, and motion planning.
Osaro is a San Francisco-based startup company applying deep reinforcement learning technology to next-generation robotics applications. The company is backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors, including Peter Thiel, Jerry Yang and Scott Banister. Osaro has an agile team of scientists and experienced machine learning practitioners. The following full-time position is available immediately. All candidates should be willing to move to the SF Bay Area. We do not work with recruiters.
Osaro is a San Francisco-based artificial intelligence company developing products based on proprietary deep reinforcement learning technology. The company’s patent pending technology automatically processes large amounts of unstructured data and efficiently learns complex control tasks. True intelligence requires both perception and action. At Osaro, we’re creating machine intelligence software that combine state-of-the-art perception with powerful adaptive decision-making abilities to help computer and robotic systems act efficiently and intelligently. Like many advanced machine learning technologies, our software automatically extracts information from high-dimensional, time-varying data. Other companies stop there, but Osaro goes beyond merely classifying data. Our technology interacts with the environment to learn, discover, and achieve a specific goal. By making machines more adaptive, intelligent, and efficient, Osaro frees up humans to focus on higher level tasks.