Quality Assurance is a statement of value that reflects our commitment to our end user experience. At Beaconhome we are seeking an expert Quality Assurance Engineer (Black/Grey box) to test software (OS and Firmware) and hardware on our devices. Your area of expertise and past experiences make you a go to person the organization can lean on for formulating test strategies, designing test cases and creating automated test scripts for testing new products in early development phases.
You bring a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and experience with a variety of testing techniques. In terms of HW, you have experience with Consumer Electronic devices to include components such as sound and other testing on parts as varied as microphones and speakers; Wi-Fi, Mobile Apps, and more.
Who We are:
We are a family of heroes on a journey to improve people’s lives by building devices that seamlessly and naturally integrate technology into our homes.
We are a funded (series A) connected device company creating a new health and wellness device that will change the way people experience their spaces.
What you be responsible for:
- Own QA testing process for a Consumer Electronic Device and the features on new products and devices
- Partnering closely with hardware and firmware development teams
- Testing compatibility with Wi-Fi networks, embedded linux systems test and peripheral interfaces.
- Production of test plans for new products/features and ensure adequate test coverage
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed analysis and reporting to support finding
Skills and experiences you bring to our team:
- 5+ years of experience as a QA engineer, writing and executing QA test plans for consumer electronics products that include hardware and software experiences.
- Microphone, Sensor, and motion testing experience on hardware
- You bring an interest or past experience in IoT home networking functionality
- Experience working with BTLE, Wi-Fi, and or Zigbee protocols
- Experience developing automated tests with Python or equivalent language.
- Experience formulating test strategy, designing test cases and modifying/executing automated regression test scripts
- Your track record of executing test procedures to verify functionality against specs and product requirements is steller
- Your verbal and written communication skills are exceptional and you generate and present quantitative reports with ease
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
The light in our homes is essential to our living there. It touches every moment. For something this important to our comfort and well-being, it's time that someone, or in our case, a group of "someones," take the time to create a system that helps us all live better with light. It is from this mission that Orro was born.
We're at the forefront of applying the latest technologies to a challenging problem. Hardware, firmware, Android, RxJava, iOS, Swift, AWS, Deep Learning and more are all on the table and being implemented everyday.