We're searching for an experienced, multi-disciplinary, and customer-focused senior (or group) product manager. This will be our first product management hire.
Our mission is to allow buyers and sellers to meet and transact in a completely distributed way (from car, housing, bike, and other rentals to task-based services like freelance engineering, design, marketing and more).
You will work closely with both cofounders of the company and engineering leadership to drive our product vision and execution forward with the goal of a v1 platform launch within the first three months on the job.
Apply here: https://goo.gl/VQ8Y4C
You will be the product owner of the Origin Platform that will enable our developer partners to build decentralized marketplaces across many verticals. The Platform consists of our open-source:
- Protocols and smart contract architecture
- Developer libraries
- Front-end, user-facing applications
As our first PM, you will also define our product and project management processes, help set product/design/engineering development culture, and recruit additional contributors to the team.
Additionally, you will be working with our many part-time open-source engineering contributors (40+ to date) to drive development. This brings unique communication and leadership challenges that you should embrace and excel at.
- 5+ years in product management
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to lead with "influence" vs. "authority"
- Deep empathy towards customers and coworkers
- Mid-level competency in product design and software engineering (you won't need to design or code, but we expect you to understand these disciplines well)
- Ability to see the big picture vision but also be maniacal about the details
- Excellent written, spoken, and nonverbal communication skills
- Passion and interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, and fintech
- Bonus points if you have previous experience working in Internet marketplaces
The ideal candidate will have experience in both consumer web/mobile applications and developer-centric tools/software and have worked as an individual contributor as well as managed other PMs in the past.
## How to apply
Please apply at the following link instead of the 'Apply Now' button at the bottom of this post:
Please include the following in your resume and cover letter:
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history
- References to products and features you have launched
- Why you are excited about Origin
We strongly encourage applicants to check out our Github, read our product brief and whitepaper, and to engage with us around specific product, design, or engineering challenges on our Discord channel (www.originprotocol.com/discord).
## Compensation and benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as given a cryptocurrency token grant (in place of traditional startup equity). We have health, dental, and vision insurance.
Origin is a protocol for creating peer-to-peer marketplaces using the Ethereum blockchain and IPFS.
We empower developers and businesses to build decentralized marketplaces on the blockchain. Our protocol makes it easy to create and manage listings for the fractional usage of assets and services. Buyers and sellers can discover each other, browse listings, make bookings, leave ratings and reviews, and much more.
We're passionate about:
- Reducing onerous transaction fees (oftentimes 20-30%) on existing platforms
- Reducing censorship and arbitrary regulation
- Rewarding early community participants with a financial stake in our network
- Making P2P commerce instantly global and giving access to the under-banked