We’re a closely-knit team of 8 building an automation tool for Google’s AdWords platform. We’re on a mission to make AdWords easy & profitable and we're committed to improving the day to day experience of Adwords users around the world.
Check us out here: https://opteo.com
With ambitious plans for 2017, we’ve decided to build-out a marketing role to help us accelerate growth.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced marketer who can develop a strategic marketing vision, and implement, measure & iterate on it. We’re looking for a “do-er” who is keen to experiment with a range of methods to drive lead generation, and engage with potential and existing customers.
Today, we power our marketing exclusively with PPC (seeing as we’re an Adwords tool, PPC is what we’re good at!) – so it’s ideal if your background is complementary.
You’ll develop and run marketing programs including (but definitely not limited to): thought-leadership and content marketing, community building, lead generation, case studies, nurture campaigns, paid acquisition, comarketing and funnel optimization. You’ll own the full spectrum of marketing, from audience building to acquisition.
Overall, we’re looking for someone who can think strategically, who is not afraid to get their hands dirty in technical implementation, who is metrics orientated and who is looking for a place to push their boundaries and leave their mark.
What will you do day to day?
- Develop, implement and measure marketing strategies of your own around brand awareness and reach, lead generation, conversion, and retention.
- You will initially head up marketing solo but you’ll have the opportunity to build a team around you quite quickly (within 6 months).
- Build thought leadership through the development of valuable content.
- Manage and report on a monthly marketing budget.
- 3-5+ years experience working in a Marketing role at another tech startup, ideally in SaaS. [must have]
- Ability to understand, build on, and communicate our brand personality [must have]
- Proven track record of driving successful inbound strategies across channels [must have]
- Action-oriented attitude [must have]
- Passion for digital marketing [must have]
- Great communicator (native/fluent english) [must have]
- Friendly & empathetic [must have]
- Comfortable in a startup environment (shifting objectives & MVP mentality) [must have]
- Able to work in our office (central London) most workdays [must have]
- Adwords literate [Nice to have]
- You’ll become eligible for equity - between 0.5% - 1% depending on your experience and which salary configuration you choose.
- Work in a stimulating and friendly office: rainmakingloft.com/uk/. Amazing location on the docks, ping pong, free coffee, free beers on Fridays. This is a coworking space, so you’ll have interesting startup neighbors outside of Opteo, too.
- We have a tiny team, and you’ll be employee #6: This means everything you do will matter A LOT.
- We’re working with Georgiana Laudi, former VP of Marketing of Unbounce, who will fast-track your onboarding, coach and support your strategic process.
- We don’t have investors. This means that we’re completely autonomous and focus on what we and our users want, not what investors want. On Fridays, we often change it up, collaborating on a team member's personal project over a few drinks.
How to Apply
Answer the questions below in an email to email@example.com, and whether you’re a fit or not, you will hear back from me within a few days.
1. What are you reading these days, who inspires you and why?
Provide 2-3 examples of thought-leaders, blogs or books that inspire you professionally.
2. Briefly describe a marketing campaign that you’re proud of
Tell us about the goals, the role you played, and what the outcome was. It’s ok if it failed!
3. Where can we find you online? Are you published?
Ex: Published articles, side projects, a personal website or blog, your Twitter and LinkedIn profiles.
4. Tell us a first-hand story of how you’ve experienced ongoing marketing optimization.
5. What excites you about working at Opteo?
6. How would you plan your first 30 days at Opteo?
7. Is there anything you’d like to add?
Attached your resume
Opteo is a SaaS tool which guides & automates the maintenance and optimization of your AdWords accounts using a beginner-friendly, todo-style interface. AdWords beginners will get to grips with AdWords best practices, while AdWords experts will save hours a week by having the grunt work done automatically.