Are you ready to join the fight against cancer and improve the lives of millions of patients?
Do you want to work with machine learning technologies that will redefine medicine?
Join the Optellum team and help us shape the cancer care of tomorrow!
Research Scientist (Machine Learning, Computer Vision)
Your Mission: Would you like to
• Help bring to market AI solutions that will be deployed to improve cancer care in thousands of hospitals?
• Create infrastructure that will turn thousands of Terabytes of medical data into novel biomarkers?
• Work closely with our founders, developers, and world-leading clinical and machine learning luminaries?
Required Skills: You must have
• Creativity, scientific curiosity and passion for biomedical topics.
• Strong knowledge of computer vision, machine learning or medical informatics.
• Strong programming/coding ability (Python, C++ or similar).
• Strong PhD from a world-leading research group.
• The flexibility to feel at home in a start-up, as one of our first employees working closely with the founders.
Desirable Skills: One or more of these would be a definite plus
• Experience with analyzing medical image and/or electronic patient record data.
• Experience with weakly supervised & unsupervised learning; Natural Language Processing (NLP)
• Previous collaborative software development experience (in industry, startup or open-source projects).
• Experience with any of these is a plus: scientific computing (e.g. SciPy), deep learning (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow), GP-GPU, big data (e.g.Spark) and/or health IT (ontologies, HL7, FHIR).
What We Offer
• Fast growth as one of first employees: full responsibility and freedom in determining your direction.
• Opportunity to apply in practice and grow your knowledge of machine learning and medical technologies.
• Competitive salary and benefits, including significant equity.
• Flexible working hours from the outset. Working location may be negotiable in the future.
• Work permit sponsorship to the most exceptional candidates
• Beautiful office in Oxford’s historical center and great quality of life (but only 1h by train to central London).
Optellum was founded so that every lung cancer patient, in every hospital, is treated at an early stage and cured. Our vision is to redefine early interception of lung disease, by enabling clinicians to manage their patients in the optimal way.
Our first product is the world's first precision medicine software for early diagnosis & treatment of lung cancer, based on Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning applied to the world’s largest clinical dataset.
We are a team of world-leading medical imaging software, AI, and clinical experts who met at Oxford’s world-renowned computer vision laboratory. Between us, we have track records of bringing innovation to market through over 10 start-up companies, resulting already in 5 trade-sales and one IPO. Learn more at http://www.optellum.com/.