OneSky (http://www.oneskyapp.com) is a fast-growing provider of translation and localization services for apps, websites and games. We help companies expand globally through a comprehensive translation management platform and a network of professional translators.
We are building a different kind of software company: one that listens to client's needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. If you work at OneSky, you'll have a direct impact on a product that helps thousands of companies to reach millions of global users every day! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision-making because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions. We want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
We are looking for a seasoned Project Manager who has the experience in all aspects of managing translation projects using industry standard CAT tools and methods.
The first key role for the SPM will be to single handedly, manage projects from the quote stage until invoicing with tasks delegated to team members, as and when required. This will include but will not be limited to:
• Setting up new clients, in-depth understanding of the account’s translation needs and company/translator production capabilities.
• Understanding the specific contractual or negotiated requirements for each account and taking ownership of managing the relationship.
• Use experience and best judgement when making decisions about vendors based on content and area of specialty, and become fully versed with the use of our freelance vendor database.
• Understanding project requirements and ensuring that translators have accurate and detailed instructions regarding the projects.
• Conduct rigorous proofing of all outgoing projects as a final check/QA
• Ensuring project requests are placed with, processed by, and received back from external resources in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner to enable on- time delivery to client.
• Maintaining project tracking tools to organize and coordinate on-going tasks and prioritizing with changing client needs or technical glitches.
• Maintaining up-to-date information in charts, spreadsheets, logs, and company database(s) as needed to ensure on-going logs for future reference and retrieval.
• Demonstrating the ability to respond and adapt to changing project needs or unforeseen delays/technical glitches in a speedy manner with the composure to work under pressure.
• Invoicing projects accurately and in a timely manner and tracking profit margins for PMs and accounts
Mentoring and Team Development
• Viewed as a senior and experienced mentor, the SPM will be responsible for providing insight into CAT tools, assisting PMs with new tips in understanding technology.
• Conducting Quality Assurance reviews when required, of all outgoing projects that are managed by other team members.
• Assists in preparing training modules and creating new guidelines and processes for software and game localization projects.
• Researching new trends and project management guidelines to help develop a strong team of PMs with multiple skills.
• Act as the direct point of contact with clients to conduct day-to-day requests and provide follow through consultation with changes to projects, priorities, etc.
• Creating a roster of long-term client relationships with periodic check-ins and account reviews.
• 4-5 year experience in translation project management
• Knowledge of full project management cycle from quoting to invoicing including project planning procedures, coordination with linguists at each stage, proofreading and final QA, and software localization.
• Organizational, prioritizing and time management skills, with attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communicate skills, demonstrating a clear understanding of project requirements and linguistic validation procedures.
• Fully skilled in using personal computers and functionality of multiple applications (Google Spreadsheet, CAT Tools).
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
• Superior Customer Service skills including ability to communicate clearly with clients.
Translation management platform and professional translation services for mobile apps, games and websites.