numer.ai is a real-time web app for Numerai’s weekly tournament to solve the stock market. Our users are thousands of anonymous data scientists around the world who compete to make the best predictions to control our hedge fund’s investments. We’re looking for an amazing web developer to take the lead on our web app.
- Implement every aspect of the web app
- Work with our designer to implement beautiful web design
- Collect and calculate data on our tournament, including competitors’ winnings
- Secure the web app. Our tournament participants are rewarded in cryptocurrencies. It’s important that they’re protected.
Desired Technical Qualities
- Node.js, Elixir, Elm, or PureScript experience is advantageous, but we’re interested in people who learn languages eagerly
- Excited about good engineering practices: unit tests, documentation, beautiful code, GitHub
- Keen interest in cryptocurrencies (Solidity advantageous)
- Interest in machine learning is advantageous
Desired Personal Qualities
- Seeks truth above what is easy or makes you look good
The sky is the limit in this position at Numerai. You’ll be joining a small, elite team of mathematicians and machine learning experts. We want a ferocious entrepreneur who will relentlessly push the company forward in every direction.
Numerai is a global artificial intelligence tournament to predict the stock market. You download our data, build a model, and upload your predictions. Because we encrypt our datasets with structure-preserving encryption techniques, we're able to give away all of our data for free. This turns the stock market into a machine learning problem — so you don’t need to know anything about finance to participate.
We believe there is predictive power in distributed artificial intelligence — so we built a hedge fund for you, that’s going to trade your predictions. You don't need capital. You don't need data. You just apply your mind.