Who We Are
We’re Notion, a downtown Denver-based team dedicated to making home awareness a reality for renters and homeowners. We’re doing this with the help of an intuitive mobile app and an all-in-one sensor that can be placed anywhere to help you know more about what's happening in your home. Want to know more? Check out our site at getnotion.com
The Product Designer will help Notion understand our users better in order to build and enhance their experiences and satisfaction with our iOS and Android apps. This person will be an individual contributor on the product team reporting to the Design Director and working closely with highly skilled individuals across the Notion team.
- Take broad, ambiguous, and conceptual ideas, validate them with people and turn them into useful and valuable features
- As part of a balanced team, work with customer success, marketing, PM, and engineers to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception through launch
- Manage Notion’s visual design system across mobile platforms
- Execute design work consistent with existing visual design system and brand standards
- Maintain a user-centered approach in perspective and practice
- Seek out people-centered, creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Assist and lead in the definition, creation, execution, and analysis of usability studies.
- Work closely with developers in problem solving, coordinating activities and delivering appropriate level of specifications to ensure high quality development at critical milestones
- Research and share industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences.
- A trusted and respected member to join the Notion family
- Someone with related field or equivalent work experience or a Bachelor’s degree or certification in Design, Interaction Design, UX Design or similar with 3-5 years of experience.
- Someone with an online portfolio demonstrating their design process, how they think, and who they are.
- Someone who understands Design Thinking and when to apply it.
- Someone who can communicate their thoughts, their process, and ideas clearly.
- Someone who’s not afraid to defend their ideas and designs thoughtfully and with respect.
- Someone whose favorite tools are pencils, pens, paper and whiteboard.
- Someone who can prototype from low-fi to hi-fi and all points in between
- Someone with knowledge of mobile technologies.
- A person who is genuinely collaborative and who likes to share.
- Someone who can maintain a positive, attitude while working in ambiguous, demanding, ever-changing and fast-paced environment
- Career changers with coding/programming, product management, sociology, psychology, anthropology, healthcare, or education backgrounds encouraged to apply
- You like to build and break things to make better things
- You have a strong Interest in the internet of things (IoT) and smart homes
Notion provides full Home Awareness - a brand new concept that goes far beyond expensive, limited home security systems and complex DIY options - and we're doing it with just a single device! Our first product is a small, Oreo-sized sensor that's packed with 8 powerful capabilities detecting things like doors opening, water leaks, smoke alarms and much more. We provide alerts via text, e-mail, or push notifications.
We've made this unique hardware in order to collect proprietary data. Notion's ability to collect incredible amounts of big data from homes and other buildings has lead to partnerships with a number of major insurance companies, multi-family property managers and other product companies. Plus, we just started shipping to our 2,000 pre-sale customers the first week of February!
Notion is venture-backed by Draper Nexus, DFJ Frontier, Foundry Group and others. We have 10 passionate employees that have previously built multiple telecom, consumer and home automation products.