NFX is the venture firm for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. Our team has collectively started 10 technology companies that created more than $10 Billion in value, so we deeply believe in the power of code. That’s why we started a venture firm that’s also a tech company - in addition to investing capital and providing hands-on support to startups, we build software to help founders cut through noise, shortcut hassles, and focus on building.
Are you interested in transforming how innovation gets funded? Do you love designing and prototyping directly using HTML and CSS?
NFX is a new type of VC with software at the core of its strategy. You will get to work with and learn from the four founders (https://www.nfx.com/team) who have built large, successful software companies valued at $10B+. You'll be part of a team working on a broad range of products that are both externally and internally facing.
As a Product Designer at NFX, you'll play a key role in building out the software stack for a new type of venture capital firm. Our first product is Signal, a tool that helps founders find and get introduced to the right investors and helps investors attract the right deals. Over time, we will be developing a wide variety of external and internal tools, which will give you the opportunity to experiment with and learn about a wide variety of technology. Our goal is to both modernize and humanize how the VC ecosystem communicates and does business.
To apply, please email qed at nfx dot com with a link to your portfolio, and why you should be the newest member of the NFX team.
WHO YOU ARE
Here’s a bit about you, the newest member of our product team:
You love to ship:
You optimize for moving fast and getting features out to users quickly. You understand the balance of building something usable, but not perfect. You prefer iterating on designs rather than obsessing over details.
You think about the big picture:
You think about the overall product, the brand, and most importantly, the user from idea to screen. You care about what we should build, how we should build it, and not just how it should look.
Collaboration is your best method:
Learning makes you happy:
Even if you are not an expert at the things listed above, you are interested in improving your skills as a product designer, learning from your peers and users. You ask for feedback, listen intently, launch quickly, test hypotheses and are constantly iterating.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Collaborate with our small team and managing partners to develop product strategy.
• Create interactive mockups and lightweight prototypes using HTML and CSS to communicate and validate design decisions.
• Create high quality visuals and deliver final, creative assets to engineering.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
YOU SHOULD HAVE
• At least 4 years of experience designing and shipping web and/or mobile apps.
• Preference for beginning the design process using HTML and CSS.
• Please provide a link to a current online portfolio featuring examples of interaction design and front-end development work.
• Strong visual design skills.
• Strong conceptualization and visual communication skills and a passion for solving tough problems are a must.
• A love of learning and determination to stay current with web application development frameworks and user experience best practices.
If interested, email qed at nfx dot com with:
• Link to your portfolio
• A note on what interests you about this challenge, and why you should be the next NFX team member
NFX is a seed and series A venture firm based in San Francisco that is a transforming how true innovators are funded. We are building software and distributing content to help early-stage founders unlock speed, defensibility, and edge.
As founders ourselves, we built 10 companies with more than $10 billion in exits across multiple industries and geographies. We believe that creating something of true significance starts with seeing things others do not.
nfx.com | @NFXGuild