Ever dream of working somewhere where you can make HUGE impact and make a difference? Have you ever wanted to join the next hot tech company in Silicon Valley? Want to help disrupt legacy tech education once and for all? We're looking for rockstar employee #7 who is super passionate about latest technology, education, and help us build a platform that will affect millions of lives. Apply today if you fit the requirements!
★ IMPORTANT: MUST have 5+ years of working experience as a developer
★ AngelPad #10 - Spring 2016 ★ All-Star Company
NexGenT is on a mission to provide affordable IT education through an innovative approach that combines the best of online learning with the best of in person learning. The company is striving to spark a change in the educational system, which is currently leaving people in high amounts of debt and not giving them the skills they need to succeed in the workforce.
CS Bachelors or Masters degree from a top school (or equivalent experience and talent). A strong background in CS fundamentals is a must for this position.
- Build out a beautiful, scalable, cross-platform IT cloud education platform
- Collaborate and work closely with engineers, UI/UX designers and PMs
- Iterate quickly on new feature requests
You must be incredibly smart and a fantastic engineer. Bonus points if your friends have ever described you as a "beast" and you have super hard work ethics.
- At least 5 years of working experience as a software engineer.
- At least 1 year of working experience with
* Managing AWS resources with automation tools
* RDBMS, preferably MySQL or Aurora on RDS
* NoSQL Database, preferably DyanmoDB
* another language as a back-end engineer.
- Ability to choose right technologies and/or tools.
- Strong knowledge about CS and our stack such as design patterns, how RDBMS works, writing performant code, etc... rather than just being able to write code which just works.
- Services and/or apps built by you and published to somehwere publicly available and/or GitHub profile.
- Experience with React.js
- Experience with Serverless Framework.
- Possible VISA sponsorship
★★ Stock Options/Equity with HUGE upside as employee #6-10. Come join the next Silicon Valley Unicorn and help us disrupt tech education once and for all!
NexGenT solves the growing shortage of IT engineers for enterprise companies with cutting edge education software. Our team is currently building an intelligent learning platform that helps you level up as an IT engineer. The platform provides smart career guidance, skills assessment, and world class mentor access.
The founders are ex-Cisco engineers and both Air Force Veterans who’ve trained over 1000 network engineers for the Department of Defense.