Ever dream of working somewhere where you can make HUGE impact and make a difference? Have you ever wanted to join the next hot tech company in Silicon Valley? Want to help disrupt legacy tech education once and for all? We're looking for rockstar employee #7 who is super passionate about latest technology, education, and help us build a platform that will affect millions of lives. Apply today if you fit the requirements!
★ AngelPad #10 - Spring 2016 ★ All-Star Company
NexGenT solves the growing shortage of IT engineers for enterprise companies with cutting edge education software. Our intelligent learning platform provides smart career guidance, skills assessment, and access to world class engineers for 1:1 mentorship.
★ OUR MISSION
To inspire, create, and empower the next generation of IT engineers by providing the highest quality tech education that is affordable to anyone.
★ ABOUT THE ROLE
The Technical Instructor role is a hybrid role that collaborates with the education team and participates in all aspects of the creation and delivery of NexGenT Inc.'s education content. The primary duties are related to the development of new training content, labs, exercises, course material, and student assessments in addition to acting as an instructor for online and offline courses. The Education Engineer will be expected to perform research and learn new IT related technologies in preparation for development of new training content. In addition, he/she will be responsible for assisting with the mentorship of NexGenT Inc.'s student community.
- Planning and Research:Assist with the planning of new courses, student projects, and content releases. Assist with research of related technologies and technical course material.
- IT Lab Building (virtual and physical):Create technical labs that are used by students to perform technical skills building exercises within courses. Physical labs are built using physical hardware and virtual labs are built using existing emulation and virtualization technologies including but not limited to Cisco Packet Tracer, GNS3, Cisco VIRL, and Ravello.
- Content Creation:Create presentations, videos, diagrams, worksheets, assessments, and training courses. Collaborate with education team to assist with updates to existing course material and documentation.
- Instruction:Instruct students/courses via pre-recorded video as well as in-person workshops.
- Mentoring:Join the NexGenT Mentor network and provide eager students with advice and help with understanding concepts related to your knowledge base.
- Communication:Collaborate with the education team, mentors, content creators and subject matter experts.
A strong background in IT networking and IT operations fundamentals is a must for this position.
- 4 Year degree with 5 years of experience or 2 year degree with 7 years of experience in a Computer Networking related field such as Network Administration, Network Engineering, Data Center, or Systems Engineering.
- Associate level and Professional level IT Certifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of Network configuration environments such as Cisco IOS.
- Excellent speaking and communication skills.
- Experience presenting via video, to crowds, or to a classroom-type audience.
- Ability to work with presentation, and video editing software
- A passion for or desire to share knowledge and help others.
- Teaching and curriculum development experience is a big plus, but not required. Assistance will be provided with getting off the ground with instruction, and content and video creation.
Platinum Level Medical, Dental & Vision, Life Health Plans For You and Your Dependents
Very Cool Startup Office in Downtown Silicon Valley San Jose @ WeWork Valley Towers
Full Gym and Shower On-site Included
BONUS ★ Stock Options/Equity with HUGE upside as employee #6-10. Come join the next Silicon Valley Unicorn and help us disrupt tech education once and for all!
NexGenT solves the growing shortage of IT engineers for enterprise companies with cutting edge education software. Our team is currently building an intelligent learning platform that helps you level up as an IT engineer. The platform provides smart career guidance, skills assessment, and world class mentor access.
The founders are ex-Cisco engineers and both Air Force Veterans who’ve trained over 1000 network engineers for the Department of Defense.