San Francisco · Full Time · $80K – $120K · No Equity
500 Startups prides itself on developing deep relationships with the LPs that have entrusted us with their capital. We are looking for someone who is highly detail oriented and organized and is committed to being of service to our LPs. As we scale our fund, we are looking for an IR lead who can maintain and grow relationships with our LPs. We look to continue to strengthen relationships that lead to a financial and strategic commitment to our firm. The ideal IR candidate will be a phenomenal people person but also able to manage high volumes of information and requests. Some of the specific work that will be required for someone in this role:
Attending VIP calls and meetings
Sending a quarterly LP newsletter
Executing Side Letters
Assisting our Fundraising team
Running a monthly webinar
Handling portfolio related communications (ex: LP wants introductions/meetings)
Managing SPVs for follow on investments
Assisting with a year end gathering
Assisting with our Annual LP Meeting
Assisting our Events team
This person will report into Arjun Dev Arora - Partner who leads our Fundraising + IR efforts.
Ideally we are looking for someone with investor relations experience (does not have to be at a fund specifically) and who has 4-9 years of strong professional experience working closely with partners, investors, or clients at an enterprise level.
The 500 culture is focused on getting things done, having fun and is incredibly diverse. :)
Mountain View · Full Time · $70K – $80K · No Equity
The Payroll Human Resource Specialist is responsible for performing Payroll and HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: semi-monthly US payroll, monthly contractor payroll, international payroll, new hire onboarding, employee benefits, employment records and reports, and payroll compliance. Such duties may include:
-Administers various payrolls including but not limited to: US semi-monthly full time payroll, monthly contractor payroll and international payrolls.
-Keep all employee data up to date in payroll system (Namely), including deductions and contributions.
-Can set up new state registrations in states where future employees may be hired.
-Reconciles payroll data against 401k and other benefit provider data.
-Uploads 401k contributions after processing payroll.
-Processes various end of the year reports and data (401k Census, 5500, 1099s, W2s, ect).
-Helps onboard new employees in the US and internationally, creating an onboarding program for the various regions we are in globally.
-Coordinating onboarding/offboarding: Creates email, orders new laptops and desk equipment and ensures new hires are setup in all company applications prior to first day. Then shuts off these application access points when individuals leave the company.
-Assists new employees with their new hire enrollment documents and benefit enrollment process.
-Assists with keeping the HRIS system (Namely) updated with employee data.
-Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
-Helps foster company culture and staff activities on a regular basis (volunteer opportunities, staff funnnn!)
Written and Verbal Communication
Global & Cultural Awareness
Payroll & HR Expertise
Exceptional Attention to detail
Ability to work in fast paced environment under pressure
High level of Organizational Skills
This job operates in an open office environment. You must feel comfortable with a large number of individuals around you at all times (we do run an accelerator program in which 40+ companies sit in our office with us!). With this you must also be able to work with confidential material in a discreet manner in this office setting.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and three to five years of payroll and HR experience, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Bonus points if you like working in a startup environment!
• Full-time salaried position
• Unlimited PTO plus holidays
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Lunches and snacks provided in the office
• Casual work environment
• Opportunity to work with phenomenal people around the world and join in all networking events 500 offers.
San Francisco · Full Time · $70K – $80K · No Equity
This role requires someone who is experienced at managing a growth pipeline, developing products, and actively seeking out partnerships to pilot products.
As part of the Business Development team, you will build relationships with both key customers and strategic partners to expand 500 Startups’ Business Development footprint and act as one of the key liaisons between our event sponsors (Annual Partners), corporations, government organizations, and key stakeholders at 500 Startups. Your additional responsibilities will focus on driving executive relationships with potential partners organizations by not only providing a business case but also thought leadership on business development projects.
The perfect fit for this position…
-Has managed and tracked a growth pipeline of large corporations and governments and is confident jumping into a fast-paced, Business Development role.
- Is a strategic communicator who likes getting in front of people and picking up the phone to evangelize our products & build brand awareness.
Is able to identify growth opportunities by forging and developing relationships and has a strong tech / corporate / government network to tap for sourcing partner opportunities.
- Has the capacity to creatively brainstorm opportunities for partner integration and content development and is actively seeking out creative opportunities to partner with corporations and governments on ecosystem development programs.
- Is able to conduct research to identify new markets and industry sectors and conduct in-depth business analysis to identifying new competitive opportunities.
- Is willing to lead and discuss complex and customized agreements with our partners and can negotiate with senior stakeholders (internal and external) to overcome any obstacles.
- Will develop and maintain partner strategy by researching and analyzing product, customer, and market needs, then partner with project management to identify and develop partner-centric initiatives that will create a large impact.
- Has the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams (Legal, Finance, Events, etc.) to coordinate all aspects of complex agreements. Oversee and manage all agreement mechanics including taking an agreement through all company approval processes.
- Will build Annual Partner and service proposals with clear deliverables (responsive to partner needs) & clear asks.
- Will onboard Annual Partners and work closely with various teams at 500 to manage the relationship. Collect and analyze Annual Partner feedback and iterate on the service offerings to ensure we are “top-of-market” in delivering value to Annual Partners.
- Has worked with top-tier international clients in a Business Development capacity and is confident in managing relationships remotely.
This position is based out of our SF office with the opportunity for international travel 3-4 times per year.