NextGen Venture Partners is looking for a Portfolio Support Intern. As a Portfolio Support Intern you will work directly with our Portfolio team in creatively finding and thoughtfully considering our next Venture Partner Network, as well as identifying unique and creative ways to provide value to the startups we work with.
Startups change the world right? We agree - at NextGen we are building the company which will lead VC in the coming decades. We recognize that the only road which will see that goal achieved is to find the startups ready to change the world, then give each every opportunity to see that change realized. A part of how we plan to tackle that goal is with a model built around the world-class community we've begun building - a network that provides the capital, knowledge, relationships, intellect, and experience to help companies grow and succeed in radical change.
We truly believe that our NextGen network can unlock the investments that will shape the next century. Everything the Portfolio Intern is doing will be to support that goal; whether it be to help source potential customers, find top talent, or help the team increase our efficiency throughout the support process.
- Support our Portfolio team by developing strategies for both Venture Partners and portfolio companies which will tangibly benefit the companies we have invested in.
- Generate co-investor lead lists, including developing strategic introductions to potential co-investors for our portfolio companies.
- Perform market research on an array of industries then present your findings to the portfolio team and/or the company as a whole.
- Tracking and Metrics: Tracking co-investor relationships, Corporate, and Venture Partner relationships and engagement to support the over-arching goal of a constantly optimized & iterated set of relationship management practices.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong project management skills, including comfort with the management of multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously, as well as individual ownership of, and responsibility for, each project.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with, and knowledge of, emerging technologies.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, self-confident; it's a tired phrase, but a "team player" mentality is key to the role - we want to work with individuals who are outstanding on their own, but produce work beyond what they could do alone when working within a team of highly motivated, similarly passionate people.
- Entrepreneurial in nature.
The ideal candidate:
- Currently enrolled at an undergraduate collegiate institution
- Strong GPA
- Ability to work part-time
Please note: This is an unpaid opportunity.