San Francisco Bay Area · Full Time · $160K – $220K · 0.0% – 1.5%
NFX Guild is building a new type of Venture Capital fund that helps elite founders realize their bold ambitions. Using an invite-only Guild structure, an expertise in network effects, and advanced software, we aim to build exceptional and enduring companies that leave an impact on the world and our communities.
We seek an energetic, ambitious and experienced leader to be responsible for our overall Marketing and Communications strategy and execution and be a critical leader in our team as we scale. You will report directly to the Managing Partners. You should be like us, a driven self-starter… and a really good person. You should be someone who will only work with the very best.
The Managing Partners of the NFX Guild are James Currier, Gigi Levy-Weiss and Pete Flint. Stan Chudnovsky is a Limited Partner and also the head of product at Facebook Messenger. The Managing Partners have personally founded or been CEOs of more than 10 VC-backed technology startups that collectively have raised more than $200 million in 20+ rounds of financing and had exits approaching $10BN. They have also invested or mentored hundreds of others startups including Lyft, Houzz, Doordash, Poshmark, House Party, My Heritage, Angellist, GoodReads, Playtika, and Flickr. More info on the team http://www.nfx.com/company/team. The initial capital behind NFX Guild comes from the Partners and from some of Silicon Valley’s top VCs, including CRV, Greylock, Shasta and Mayfield.
The name NFX Guild comes from “Network Effects” which is the primary driver of defensibility of many of the largest tech companies in the world, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Uber, eBay and PayPal. NFX Guild is focused on working with companies that are building or want to build, network effects into their businesses.
The Guild has built a rich, rapidly-growing and connected community that shares insights and confidential tactics between each other in much the same way a traditional Guild works to help its participants achieve professional gain. Membership in the Guild gives founders an unfair advantage.
Your primary responsibility will be to help build the NFX Guild brand to 1) attract founders to apply and 2) LPs to invest. You will be responsible for a number of product launches of software tools that NFX Guild will provide to the broader community. Therefore, you will need a proven track record in achieving results in brand building, content development both text and video, and in data driven growth techniques. You will also work closely with our portfolio companies.
You will need to be based in near proximity to San Francisco or Palo Alto and you’ll work closely with our Israel office.
- Develop overall marketing and communications strategy to grow NFX Guild’s brand and specific KPIs related to this.
- Hire and manage internal and external partners to execute on this strategy.
- Develop innovative social, PR and content marketing strategies to achieve these objectives.
- Use traditional and emerging paid and organic marketing channels to drive key results.
- Develop our overall brand strategy and guidelines and ensure consistency across all touch-points.
- Launch of new software tools developed by NFX Guild for release to the public.
- Engage, promote and leverage our community and portfolio through creative means to help to serve their needs and grow NFX Guild’s objectives.
- Conceive and execute on innovative events.
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years experience in business or tech marketing with a heavy focus on communications.
- Analytical and creative thinker who is comfortable dealing with both creative briefs and complex analysis.
- Incredible communication skills, a comfortable public speaker, spokesperson and presenter. A passion for events.
- Strong domain knowledge of paid and organic marketing channels, both traditional and emerging.
- Results-orientated thinking to see how to get things done efficiently and quickly.
- Possess an energetic, positive and a “can do” attitude that can see the path to solving some of the most complex and challenging problems.
- A self-starter who moves fast, challenges the status quo and can execute and iterate on innovative ideas quickly.
- Organized, with strong attention to detail, able to lead complex projects and distributed teams and achieve results in tight deadlines.
- A rich network of relationships within business, media, marketing and technology.
- A love of start-ups, both to engage with them and to be part of one, happily rolling up their sleeves to get things done.
- A demonstrated passion for innovation and entrepreneurship.
Palo Alto, San Francisco · Full Time · $90K – $160K · 0.0% – 1.0%
NFX Guild is building a new type of Venture Capital fund where software is core to our strategy. Because the four Partners are each successful software entrepreneurs, you might say we are building a software firm whose business model is investing in startups.
We need the PM who can bring this new type of venture firm into being with us.
Software is core to the NFX Guild strategy; the software is interesting, both externally and internally facing, intended to touch 100,000’s of users; there will be a real team of developers/designers/growth experts to work with and learn from; there is an opportunity to get equity in the fund if you turn out to be our long term head of software.
We don’t believe any VC has yet approached software the way we do, so there has never been a position like this for a software PM at a venture firm. This is a position for one of the best software product managers/designers/developers in the world. Yes, there is the opportunity for a PM to do amazing things with software and get compensated for it like at a start ups and companies Facebook and Google.
An energetic, self-driven, and ambitious software leader. You’re curious. You don’t do things just because others do. You have a passion for solving problems. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You’re a data lover…data data data. Strong E.Q. with the ability to clearly communicate. You probably have a degree in Computer Science, psychology, or business. You should be like us, a driven self-starter… and a good person. You should be someone who will only work with the very best.
You will report directly to the Managing Partners. Your primary responsibilities will be to spec and design product with the Partners, manage the development timeline and priorities, and to manage the building, deployment and scaling with the engineering team. There will be many tools for internal use, with multiple stakeholders. There will also be externally facing software products that will have launch dates, launch videos, TechCrunch articles, just like a start up. You will own the roadmap of the various products; conceptualizing, defining and prioritizing features along with the Partners. There will be serious deadlines to hit and exceed. You will manage a team of engineers and design talent to pull the products together. You will need to relentlessly research and test customer needs and the competitive environment. You need to be based in near proximity to San Francisco or Palo Alto. You will also work closely with our Israel office.
Full time. And when we say full time, we mean no side projects. This isn’t a punch the clock sort of thing. This is a “all my brain power to do something great during this period of my life.” All the Partners of this firm have been CEO’s and product builders of highly successful software products used by 100’s of millions of people. This is a great opportunity for you to dig in fully and progress rapidly in your craft. This is a chance to lay the foundation for an institution that will last for decades and make you proud.
Market Competitive Salary. Benefits. Long term potential for carry in the fund (equity) if you turn out to be the long-term teammate.
More about NFX Guild
www.nfx.com The Partners of the NFX Guild are James Currier, Gigi Levy-Weiss and Pete Flint. Stan Chudnovsky is a Limited Partner and also the head of product at Facebook Messenger.
The Partners have personally founded or been CEOs of more than 10 VC-backed technology startups that collectively have raised more than $200 million in 20+ rounds of financing and had exits approaching $10BN.
They have also invested or mentored hundreds of others startups including Lyft, Houzz, Poshmark, House Party, My Heritage, Angellist, GoodReads, Playtika, and Flickr. More info on the team here. The initial capital behind NFX Guild comes from the Partners and from some of Silicon Valley’s top VCs, including CRV, Greylock, Shasta and Mayfield.
The Guild has built a world-best start up curriculum, and a rapidly-growing and connected community to give founders an unfair advantage.
We aim to build exceptional and enduring companies that leave an impact on the world and our communities. We aim for this to be the beginning of an institution that lasts for decades after our departure.
The name NFX Guild comes from “Network Effects." NFX Guild is focused on working with companies that are building or want to build, network effects into their businesses.
To apply for this, please send resume to email@example.com and include in your email why you think you are a perfect fit for this role.