Menlo Park · Full Time · $120K – $180K · 0.1% – 0.3%
On behalf of our portfolio companies, Khosla Ventures is accepting applications in consideration for Head of Talent roles within some of our best start-ups. As Head of Talent, you’ll oversee and own the talent strategy and execution to rapidly grow a start-up. You’ll work closely with the company leaders and executives who all share the common passion and vision to grow and build a successful Silicon Valley start-up during its early days.
Head of Talent roles in our portfolio vary from company to company. For most companies, you’ll be the first and only talent person for the organization where you’d recruit for the most critical requisitions, be tasked with building a recruiting infrastructure and process, and eventually hire a team of recruiters to align with the company’s continued growth.
Opportunities are located in the Bay Area only, as far north as San Francisco and as far south as San Jose.
- Partner with company founders/executives to build a hiring roadmap and talent acquisition strategy to support current and future growth.
- Own the delivery of candidate pipeline for technical (and some non-technical) roles through disciplined, measured, and customized outreach strategies including: personal network, events, LinkedIn/Github/Quora, social media, blogs, research, and on-campus events where appropriate.
- Build a scalable and efficient recruiting infrastructure, designed to continually fill the candidate pipeline with top talent and support rapid growth. This may include designing an interview process from scratch and/or the implementation of recruiting software and tools (i.e. ATS, online research, etc.).
- Manage all recruiting budget and resources which may include a team of recruiters, technology/tools, job advertisements, events and external recruiting agency fees.
- Drive the ongoing evaluation and assessment of the company’s progress towards hiring goals using data-driven, measurable methods (i.e. metrics and reporting).
- Oversee employment branding efforts for the company by using creative methods to market and attract top talent. This includes the creation and oversight of all recruiting collateral such as the company’s careers page, job descriptions, social media presence, and external event strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in talent acquisition, with previous experience managing, building, and developing a technical recruiting team preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering pipeline and executing strategies developed for rapid growth, preferably for engineering organizations.
- Successful background in implementing employment branding strategies and the creation of recruiting collateral.
- Experience developing and implementing hiring processes and systems/technology (i.e. ATS implementation).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage client relationships across all levels, provide strong consultative partnership and influence stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.