1 in 6 people will have a stroke in their lifetime and they will need extensive rehabilitation to recover. But neuro-rehabilitation is difficult, boring and expensive. Neurofenix vision is to simplify and gamify therapy, make it effective and bring it to the home of everyone recovering from a stroke!
Neurofenix is an innovative digital therapeutics startup dedicated to democratise and gamify neurological rehabilitation. We are developing a hand training device connected to a mobile application to help stroke survivors recover through games in the comfort of their homes - the first of its kind. We are a vibrant small team based in central London and we work closely with physiotherapists, physicians, game developers and stroke survivors. Neurofenix was born at Europe’s top start-up accelerator, and has been recognised as a UK leading engineering and social impact startup by the Royal Academy of Engineering, Nominet Trust and Innovate UK.
- Ambitious and hard-working engineer who wants to change the lives of millions stroke survivors
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to understand how stroke survivors interact with our product and personalise their therapy
- Analyze and interpret the results of clinical data, and communicate findings to business and technical teams
- Develop and maintaining cloud solutions in Amazon Web Services
- Passion for technology and a strong inclination for learning about and playing with the latest technologies
- Take pride in readable, elegant, well-tested and reusable software
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing organisation and never shies away from a challenge
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
- 2+ years of work experience as a full-stack developer with superb programming skills in one or more languages
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as Python, R, MATLAB.
- Ethical, with great teamwork and communication skills
- Masters degree in Data Science or relevant field
- Experience on C# or Unity.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services; such as IAM, S3, EC2, RDB like MariaDB, Cognito, API Gateway and Lambda
- Databases including SQL, noSQL
- Prior work experience in a startup or in healthcare
- A salary between £30k-£42k plus equity options up to 0.5%, depending on your prior experience
- A passionate and highly skilled team, always ready to help you grow your skills
- Amazing network providing opportunities to learn rapidly new skills and boost your career
- 1 year contract, with high chances of being full-time after the end of the contract
- Next to Old Street in central London