Neighborly is a fast-growing, venture-backed public finance startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in New York and Kansas City. Positioned in the intersection of technology, finance and government, we develop exceptional technologies to radically modernize public finance, the $1 billion per day, 200 year-old market that powers vital public projects like schools, parks, and next-generation infrastructure. Our solutions positively impact the operational efficiency of public finance, how our communities evolve, and how citizens participate in their democracy.
We're looking for an experienced marketing leader to help us cultivate the next generation of community investors and revolutionize the way we fund the places we live, work and play.
You will work closely with product designers and engineers to help define the future of investor marketing for the municipal bond market, creating compelling content-rich educational experiences and dynamic, data-driven marketing campaigns. You will be a key voice of the Neighborly brand, helping to develop and maintain trust with our users.
The product team at Neighborly designs and markets innovative products that engage a broad range of audiences. We are a design-led, user-centered team that recognizes that our brand is the sum of every experience a customer has with us. To be successful, you will need to be agile and creative about bringing new financial products to market, and have a strong vision for how to define and measure success. We’re looking for a natural collaborator who is at home working in cross-functional teams and is relentlessly focused on building long-term value for customers.
## What You'll Do
- Lead marketing strategy across the customer lifecycle, including building roadmaps and defining brand, funnel and customer success metrics.
- Lead multi-channel marketing campaigns and experiments, including social media, search and print.
- Be a key member of the team that is directly responsible for building the customer base.
- Launch, manage & optimize marketing experiments across channels (including social, search and print) for diverse municipal bond projects, each with goals to transact millions of dollars for local investors.
- Dig into product and marketing data to reveal insights that drive features, process improvements, and supreme usability across devices.
- Work with design, engineering and finance teams to create compelling digital content and sustainable acquisition, engagement and retention strategies.
- 5+ years experience marketing consumer products across the customer lifecycle, including new product launches.
- 5+ years experience of multi-channel and content marketing, including social media, email, search and mobile.
- Experience marketing in a regulated industry, preferably consumer finance or fintech.
- Experience defining and measuring brand, funnel and customer success metrics, and running A/B tests to optimize tactics.
- Exceptional written communication skills across a wide range of media.
- Ability to adjust your style, medium and tone for different audiences and business objectives.
- Experience of working in agile or cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of the fundamental concepts of investing, finance and economics.
## Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience of working in a startup environment.
- Knowledge of public finance or fixed income markets.
- Experience with offline channels such as direct mail and print.
- Experience with customer Net Promoter Score or Customer Satisfaction metrics.
- Experience of PR and media relations.
Neighborly modernizes access to public finance, the $1 billion / day market that finances vital public projects like schools, parks, and next generation infrastructure. Our mission is to bring about a new era in public project finance – one defined by transparency, efficiency, and access for all.
For borrowing communities, Neighborly reduces the cost, time, and minimum size required to access finance for public projects. We make it possible to borrow what's needed, when it's needed.
For investors, Neighborly enables direct access to high quality tax-advantaged fixed income investment opportunities. The Neighborly Capital Network includes investors of all types, ranging from global financial institutions to individuals investing where they live, work and play.
We're a team of experienced technologists and former Wall St. public finance professionals with experience from Stanford, MIT, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Harvard, UBS and RBC.