• Performed market research and conducted a UX evaluation and User Testing of client mobile music app, leading to new feature discovery adopted by client.
• Conducted target...more market interviews for a client's web application for homebuyers. Made key findings on how client's product and messaging could directly address its customers' pain points.
• Revamped user flows and UI of various screens for a client’s relationship web application. Created wireframes for designer.
Director of Communications
2012 - Present · about 3 years
• Lead the communications strategy of a 100-year old membership organization with 40,000+ living members.
• Design and produce Acacia’s biannual magazine
• Manage Acacia’s...more branding, online presence and social media channels.
• Regularly publish a bi-monthly email (HTML) newsletter and targeted email campaigns.
• Production of various digital and print marketing materials.
• Presentation of key initiatives to large audiences and smaller governing and advisory groups.
Crowdspoke was a social media aggregation and curation site that used the Twitter API to organize breaking news around specific topics.
• Designed the application UI, user...more flows, and visual look and feel.
• Produced all graphics for the application, marketing materials, and presentation documents.
• Managed social media channels and created original content to drive traffic.
• Raised seed capital.
• Pivoted to a content discovery tool for social media marketers.
• Designed the product and its UI and visual look and feel.
• Produced graphics for iOS and Android native apps and mobile web.
• Produced marketing materials and presentation...more documents.
• Secured software licensing deals with numerous companies in the U.S. and internationally.
• Established relationships with sales partners including the Minneapolis Star Tribune and North Jersey Media Group.
• An acqui-hire offer by a venture-backed company was considered before deciding to pursue new ventures.
Design and communications professional with experience ranging from UX and visual design to corporate communications and social media. I have co-founded two tech start-ups, managed communications for a 50,000-member affinity organization, and delighted clients with contract work.
Bootstrapped my first startup, a mobile coupon app, to over $100,000 in revenue over its two years of existence; we launched our own branded mobile coupon service and licensed our technology to companies in the U.S. and internationally.