Monito is looking for a Creative content writer and editor
Monito (www.monito.com) is an award-winning digital start-up on a mission to save the world $28 billion in excessive money transfer fees and bad exchange rates paid each year. We are building the Booking.com for money transfers to help people sending money abroad find, compare and review all the services.
Up for a new challenge?
We are a small digital and growth-oriented team based in Lausanne (Switzerland) with global ambitions. Our product is growing fast and we're looking for a Creative content writer and editor to help our users navigate the complexity of the money transfer industry and strengthen our brand, giving Monito a new voice.
What you will doing as a Content Editor/Creative Writer?
- Words are powerful and you know it. You master the art of creative writing and you will be in charge of giving a voice to Monito. Including defining a tone, Monito’s key messages, and slogans.
- Apply creative writing to various formats such as ads, social posts, blog posts and website copy with a good understanding of human psychology and copywriting for conversion rate optimization.
- Run Monito’s editorial calendar from ideas to publication, identifying topics and producing content pieces that Monito’s users will find, enjoy reading, and share.
- Work with our partners, leading the conversation with their content teams to jointly produce engaging and valuable content for our respective users.
- Monito’s ambitions are global, so is our audience. You will write briefs and coordinate freelance writers and translators to produce content in more than 8 languages.
- Users interact first and foremost with words when they land on our digital products, you will be working closely with the product team to craft the copy of our website.
- You will use analytics and testing to assess the performance of the content produced towards KPIs defined together.
- You will be responsible to ensure that all communications coming from Monito are consistent, written in perfect English, and in line with defined guidelines.
Here is what we have to offer:
- Take a ride aboard one of Switzerland's most rapidly growing web startups with global ambitions.
- Your good ideas will be heard and implemented in days.
- Your words will be read and have a direct impact on millions of people’s live, reducing the cost of sending money abroad for migrant workers, international students, and expats around the world.
- Collaborate with extremely talented and motivated people in a hard-working but relaxed atmosphere.
- Enjoy flexible working conditions that match your own rhythm (we're also a remote-friendly company) and a sustainable work-life balance. We expect everyone to work on their own schedule to get their best work done, and take time off as they need it.
What you bring to the table?
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills.
- Experience creating and editing engaging and lively content with the ability to tailor your style, tone and message to a specific audience.
- You can empathize with our users and their problems and come up with high-impact ways of reaching and connecting with them.
- An analytical mindset: you care about measuring content performance and letting data guide what content to publish next, and are able to work with numbers to support your stories.
- A start-up is a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we are looking for someone with a proactive attitude, self-responsible, with a willingness to learn and adapt.
- It's great if you already have a Swiss work permit or are Swiss, otherwise you need to have the citizenship of a EU (except Croatia) or EFTA country.
- You are willing to join us in our office in Lausanne, or work remotely.
- If you master a second language such as Polish, Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Chinese, it’s a big plus.
- Experience with copywriting for consumer-facing digital products with a track record of conversion rate optimization.
- Experience in a multi-language environment and working with freelancers and translators.
- Experience with CMS such as Wordpress and analytics tools such as Mixpanel or Google Analytics.
- You have a knack for simplifying and talking about complicated topics in ways a beginner could understand.
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization and keyword research
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.
Please apply following this link: https://www.monito.com/form/jobs/creative-content-writer-and-editor.html
Monito is a global hub for money transfers, helping migrants and money transfer operators make the most of their money. As a first step towards a more transparent and frictionless market, Monito is operating a transparent and independent comparison website for international money transfer services (“so-called remittances”).
The enormous USD 530 billion remittance market is undergoing profound changes: the yearly growth rate for cash-based transfers is 3.5%, while it is 28% for transfers via electronic channels.
But many consumers are lacking the means to find and compare alternative offers in an opaque market. Migrants paid an average of 7.9% in fees; a huge cut that could be reduced by $28bn if migrants used cheaper services.
Attracting large amount of migrants interested by the considerable saving opportunity, we offer a performance-based customer acquisition tools (affiliate marketing) for money transfer operators on the other end.