What I Do
Can apply these skills for you:
- Understand convergence of emerging technologies like robotics, nanotech/materials, energy and space.
- Adviser to funds investing in “Civilization Shifting Technologies”.
- Created a wholly new project management tool to handle complex, unbounded, programs.
Michael Laine has been involved with Space Elevator research since the definitive 2001-3 NASA study. At LiftPort he manages a talented team from academia, government, commercial and military communities. Laine’s team has created carbon nanotubes, discovered a new metal alloy, and built robots that climbed a mile into the sky. Laine’s business management, coupled with his media, marketing and outreach skills have transformed this project from an obscure NASA paper study to a real world program.
LiftPort Group, is experiencing a renaissance. It recently shifted gears to focus on a Lunar Space Elevator Infrastructure. Laine’s mandate to his team has three elements:
- Sputnik-like simplicity
- Purchase Order Technology
- Single Launch Solution.
Echoing President Kennedy’s commitment, Laine and LiftPort believe we can create an Elevator on the Moon “…before this decade is out.”
Laine is the President of the US Alumni Association for the International Space University.
What I'm Looking For
Board of Advisers with “bullet-proof” credentials:
- Large Project Finance ($1.5B raise, over 8 years, equity and debt.)
- Seasoned VC looking to create a new fund – focused on advanced (hardware) technology.
- US and International Financial Policy – expand this project to the global community.